Website known issues - Work In Progress to Fix ×

Create a soldier v Normal prestiging

Baabcat

So what do you guys think of create a soldier, compared to the way prestiging has worked in the past

To me it's going to change the way I approach the game I think. My plan is to max out Wen, so effectively do prestige 1 as if it were just a prestige, but then after that I can't see myself maxing out the characters in any order at all.

Instead I'm going to set them up as if they where 'class sets' , and dedicate each to a specific game mode. I might take them up to say level 20 before dedicating them, but it will mean I'll end up working a number of 'prestiges' at the same time depending upon what I want to play

Anyone else got plans for how to use this new feature?

Also I'm not convinced that I like it better than the way prestiging has been done in every other CoD. I used to like the run through to pick up just one more class slot, now for 27 squad points I can end up with 30 class slots. Anyone else prefer the old way to the new way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also the last five squad members cost 100-500 squad points!

I was thinking about this earlier its not hard to earn the squad points to buy the guns you want as long as you keep the camos , So I probably will use other characters just to use squad points but I don't see the real point so I prefer the old way.

I have only unlocked one soldier so far and when I max out, I'll buy the next and gradually work my way down the list completing one by one.  I have about 750 squad points accumulated at the minute and I don't know how I've managed that lol!

A quick question; If you buy a solider but have not maxed out the previous one; how will that show in terms of your rank with the new soldier?

Thanks 

A quick question; If you buy a solider but have not maxed out the previous one; how will that show in terms of your rank with the new soldier?

Thanks

Its depends on which solider you are playing with. It will say that soldiers current level.

I absoloutely prefer it this way. For me:

1 - You don't regret prestiging. I used to hate prestiging and then going on to play in a shitty session. Sometimes you need to go back to the perks you want or the guns you feel comfortable with. Now you can go back to your "favourite" soldier when you want.

2 - You can have game mode specific characters and loadouts. You can have one set up for Dom, TDM, SnD, just choose which one before you play.

3 - You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, level up 2 at once or all ten.

1 - You don't regret prestiging. I used to hate prestiging and then going on to play in a shitty session. Sometimes you need to go back to the perks you want or the guns you feel comfortable with. Now you can go back to your "favourite" soldier when you want.

2 - You can have game mode specific characters and loadouts. You can have one set up for Dom, TDM, SnD, just choose which one before you play.

3 - You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, level up 2 at once or all ten.

Damn I hate agreeing with you. I like it. Doesn't feel like a grind to prestige anymore.

So if I am Prestige 1, Lvl 47 for example and I unlock 5 soldiers at once and then choose to rank with the 6th one; will that show a prestige 6 emblem when I start playing? The reason I ask is I've seen some high level players so far in suspiciously quick time

So if I am Prestige 1, Lvl 47 for example and I unlock 5 soldiers at once and then choose to rank with the 6th one; will that show a prestige 6 emblem when I start playing? The reason I ask is I've seen some high level players so far in suspiciously quick time

I'm sure you only go up a prestige each time you get a soldier to level 60. It isn't that suspicious, some people have had the game for weeks and you even get people who will take a week off work/school and play it till the disc burns out!

I'm sure you only go up a prestige each time you get a soldier to level 60. It isn't that suspicious, some people have had the game for weeks and you even get people who will take a week off work/school and play it till the disc burns out!

I'm on PC and am a bit paranoid of iffy players but I know the type you mean - xJawz was 15th prestige on Black Ops before I even got the game home....

....just after midnight release lol!

If you get into a lobby with 'suspicious' players on PC; you never know what will happen next - my buddy had his Black Ops 2 stats wiped just by being placed into a lobby. Kinda have to tread on eggshells and hope for the best

You only get prestige emblem 1 for a completed character. If you unlocked all your squad and complete number 10 but ignore 2 through 9, you'll get prestige emblem 2.

I've just prestiged for the first time. As soon as I finished level 60 (you have to complete this level, not just hit it, same as previous CODs), my emblem changed and I'm using the same emblem now on my second guy. I took over something like 180 points so my second guy already has my favourite class and 6 loadouts. I like this, but not everyone will. I enjoy levelling up, but having the choice to change to how I want to play as well. This can work either way if you wish.

I've updated my PPR with my prestige 1 stats.

You only get prestige emblem 1 for a completed character. If you unlocked all your squad and complete number 10 but ignore 2 through 9, you'll get prestige emblem 2.

I've just prestiged for the first time. As soon as I finished level 60 (you have to complete this level, not just hit it, same as previous CODs), my emblem changed and I'm using the same emblem now on my second guy. I took over something like 180 points so my second guy already has my favourite class and 6 loadouts. I like this, but not everyone will. I enjoy levelling up, but having the choice to change to how I want to play as well. This can work either way if you wish.

Just stop making valid points. Damn!

Its something new and different. I think that's why people don't like it. But if it was the same as other CoD people would complain about IW not taking a chance to change things.

Do you get anything for prestiging other than the emblem. I was hoping maybe all the weapons, attachments and equipment unlocked, so if you ever go back to that character you have the full range of stuff?

Also the last five squad members cost 100-500 squad points!

I was thinking about this earlier its not hard to earn the squad points to buy the guns you want as long as you keep the camos , So I probably will use other characters just to use squad points but I don't see the real point so I prefer the old way.

I hadn't realised the last 5 were so expensive, I still think I'll unlock 2 to 5 after prestige 1, and use them for game mode specific characters

As far as I can see Bob, you get a new background and emblem, that's it. You have a lot of points left over.

Also had a thought about the points to unlock characters. I has already unlocked character 2 for 3 squad points and I'm wondering if I had left him locked would he have become unlocked automatically when I completed my first guy? The last character is 500 points but is he 500 to unlock early before you finish the first characters? If you complete guys 1-9 does he then automatically unlock? The perk system works like this, wait until the appropriate level or pay a premium to unlock early.