PC Game Deals/Giveaways

J4MES OX4D

Fallout 3 GOTY FREE on Epic

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/fallout-3-game-of-the-year-edition

Evoland Legendary Edition FREE on Epic also

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/evoland-legendary-edition-5753ec

Both deals run until the 27th of October. 

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 FREE on Steam until the 7th

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1667588113
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

The critically acclaimed Vermintide 2 is a visually stunning and groundbreaking melee action game pushing the boundaries of the first person co-op genre. Join the fight now!

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 FREE on Steam until the 7th

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1667588113
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

The critically acclaimed Vermintide 2 is a visually stunning and groundbreaking melee action game pushing the boundaries of the first person co-op genre. Join the fight now!

Great game in a group, highly recommend.

Currently waiting for Darktide to drop...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

12 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Dark Deity FREE on Epic

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/dark-deity-0b08d1

Evil Dead also FREE on Epic

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/evil-dead-the-game

Both expire November 24th

Dark Deity was one I was hoping to get anyway so quite happy with this 🙂

Luseth.png

1 hour ago, etailmarket said:

Hi guys, 

Days Gone is £15.99 on Steam

Days Gone URL

£12.78 on eTail, check it out.

Hmmmm............. don't think that link will be worth clicking. 

Can only imagine where it will lead you to. (Diddums Onlyfans 😂). 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Hmmmm............. don't think that link will be worth clicking. 

Can only imagine where it will lead you to. (Diddums Onlyfans 😂). 

Aaaaaannnddddd....its gone😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I wonder how much money Epic have pumped into their Store now 😁 Good for the consumer if they keep it up.

Personally I have a ridiculous amount of games so just can't be bothered going near Epic, even for freebies...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

28 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I wonder how much money Epic have pumped into their Store now 😁 Good for the consumer if they keep it up.

Personally I have a ridiculous amount of games so just can't be bothered going near Epic, even for freebies...

They are losing $200m a year on average with the current business model and aren't expecting to post a profit until 2027 and even that sounds rather optimistic because it's based on a complete shift in their model of stopping free games and only accounting for paid revenue. If it does post a profit then it will likely be minimal - they wont be burning money on giveaways but they certainly wont be delivering much money to cover the annual losses since it was formed.

Their only selling point is freebies and I bet 95% of those users don't have an established transaction history on record. The Fortnite crowd also don't seem to be branching out to support the platform and they cannot maintain this business as it is forever, even in the short term because it's not viable. If it wasn't for Fornite and Unreal propping them up, EGS would be defunct already. Game Pass is a better option especially when it comes to newer titles - most of the giveaways are titles that are passed their peak income or are old. They certainly haven't managed to attract much in the way of game exclusives and now Ubisoft have returned to Steam so there goes that partnership too! 

I deleted my Epic account years ago and have not ever grabbed one of their freebies. The interesting thing is they only have to pay if the end-user installs the game - imagine the black financial hole if they paid for every title that was added to an account! I can't see it ever turning around. 

6 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The interesting thing is they only have to pay if the end-user installs the game - imagine the black financial hole if they paid for every title that was added to an account! I can't see it ever turning around. 

That I did not know!

But yeah a complete of waste of money their end unless they have an Epic Deck or some other game changer up their sleeve. 

Have they even started to make the Store UI into something half decent I wonder? I could check but I doubt I'll be arsed.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Have they even started to make the Store UI into something half decent I wonder? I could check but I doubt I'll be arsed.

That's the other thing, the store and platform as a whole was missing so much key functionality - literally only started supporting cloud saving two years after launch and despite a few other staple features being drip-fed, it's still missing a lot including basic game forums. Epic also got a $500m fine the other day so it really isn't looking all that rosy in terms of reputation. Tim Sweeney is also not being so cocky now after he's played all his cards and has failed to put any dent into Steam or provide any confidence or key benefits for developers.