Ghosts First Impressions

TigerBurge

Fair enough but I don't honestly remember (could be old age :mellow: ) everyone thinking Blops 2 would be the everything we wanted it to be.

In my limited amount of time playing Ghost (I have just less than 4 hours played), this game is great. I have had a few lag situations but none nearly as bad as in Blops 2.

Adam, my suggestion, just get Ghosts so that you can game with the rest of us. Doesn't that even factor into your decision? I love the fact that in the 4 hours that I've played so far, I've been able to game with Cal, Stretch, Sean, Dylan, Dave, Sebba, Ryan, etc. and not have any major lags issues. This is what was missing from Blops 2 and I really hope that it continues. :wub:

yeah i kind of want to get it, especially as everyone seems to be able to party up properly again. but i dont have the time or cash to be distracted by gaming as much until christmas, so i might just wait til then to get it.

if i wait a bit atleast i can see if any major issues come up. i do miss you raging bees :lol:

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

After playing an hour and a half, it feels just like any other COD.

Bullets chasing me around corners, being half a sec behind/shooting someone but getting killed and the killcam showing something different.

Can`t say that TTk is any faster than MW3, other than when people are shooting me. They only need 2-3 bullets of course.

Maps (that I`ve played) has way to many openings so getting shot in the back constantly, even more so than on BO2.

Blitz sucks.

Still hate snipers. (Too easy, even I can do it :))

Extinction is meh, but kinda expected that since I don`t like Zombies and the like either.

Game feels quite fluid, allthough Marathon is probably the perk to use.

Cranked can be a fun game, more funny when you know the maps better.

Gonna play a couple hours tonight, to see if the game is worth bying.

Oh, and COD etc. should be banned in France.

So, played some more last night and the experience didn`t get any better.

Too many campers, catered to snipers imo, and I hate snipers with a passion. The maps are boring and the usual blown up places with debree everywhere. And there`s too many entrances to everything, too many places where campers can set up shop. Not to mention getting shot in the back 8/10 times.

They were smart and took away the connection bar so people don`t know if they have 1 or 4 bars. I know I feel slightly behind quite often, and take too many bullets to kill someone vs people that kill me in just a few.

Spawns are dogdy. Spawning in and an enemy spawns in right behind me.

Seriously need Quickdraw, but doesn`t unlock until level 54 or something, wtf?

Playing the game makes me rage, to the point I want to break my controller and disc.

Conclusion: Not gonna buy the game and no COD in the future. I`m getting to old for this shit.

Oh, and soo HATE the french!

So, played some more last night and the experience didn`t get any better.

Too many campers, catered to snipers imo, and I hate snipers with a passion. The maps are boring and the usual blown up places with debree everywhere. And there`s too many entrances to everything, too many places where campers can set up shop. Not to mention getting shot in the back 8/10 times.

They were smart and took away the connection bar so people don`t know if they have 1 or 4 bars. I know I feel slightly behind quite often, and take too many bullets to kill someone vs people that kill me in just a few.

Spawns are dogdy. Spawning in and an enemy spawns in right behind me.

Seriously need Quickdraw, but doesn`t unlock until level 54 or something, wtf?

Playing the game makes me rage, to the point I want to break my controller and disc.

Conclusion: Not gonna buy the game and no COD in the future. I`m getting to old for this shit.

Oh, and soo HATE the french!

You can spend a few squad points to buy quickdraw early....takes a game or two to get it.

Come back next year Brede. (not the forum, the game xD)

I'm loving Ghosts and I'd say it's mostly because I took a break. I see the bullshit and deaths from behind at every turn and although I rage to the point that my ex would be impressed and possibly proud, I still love the game.

8mSoOel.png

I wasn't able to connect to play online (which didn't surprise me much) so I settled for a couple bot matches, Dom on Prison Break and Blitz on Stonehaven. Initial impression was very positive. Everything felt very crisp and responsive. TTK felt normal to me. I played 9v9 and can definitely see that 6v6 could be slow.

The game mode Grind appears to be present in the PS4 version.

I wasn't able to connect to play online (which didn't surprise me much) so I settled for a couple bot matches, Dom on Prison Break and Blitz on Stonehaven. Initial impression was very positive. Everything felt very crisp and responsive. TTK felt normal to me. I played 9v9 and can definitely see that 6v6 could be slow.

The game mode Grind appears to be present in the PS4 version.

So is it 9v9 in every mode then or is it just ground war? Grind is in the PS3 version as well.

The more I play this game the more I like it. Guns feel good, movement feels great, and the maps are great- an awesome change from the shoeboxes we've been getting recently. Connections are great too. Ghosts is so much better than BO2.

The more I play this game the more I like it. Guns feel good, movement feels great, and the maps are great- an awesome change from the shoeboxes we've been getting recently. Connections are great too. Ghosts is so much better than BO2.

I thought Black Ops 2 was decent but Ghosts feels like a true COD game.  I think Treyarch played it far too safe with BO2; it just felt a bit too clean, colourful and tidy.

I am delighted to have the Strike Packages back - Black Ops 2's scorestreaks were very dull and the fact you couldn't assign them by class really annoyed me when flitting between modes.  The weapons I found pretty bland in all honesty too. 

Ghosts has had its issues early on but there is a great game in there. I'm missing theater and the combat record but on the whole; this is an exceptional Call of Duty title that's on par with the likes of COD4 and MW2.  Just wish IW supported the PC version a bit more but post-last patch; I've noticed a reasonable improvement that needs to remain.

Yeh now you can use different strike packages but most of the assault streaks are being blunt shit!

Also unfortunately they have created a campers paradise making objective games a real chore and then there's operations instead of challenges which IMO just doesn't work, I spent 3 squad points the other day looking for a set that was worth doing I gave up.

This game is different to blops 2 and leaving out connection personally different is not necessarily better.

Yeh now you can use different strike packages but most of the assault streaks are being blunt shit!

Also unfortunately they have created a campers paradise making objective games a real chore and then there's operations instead of challenges which IMO just doesn't work, I spent 3 squad points the other day looking for a set that was worth doing I gave up.

This game is different to blops 2 and leaving out connection personally different is not necessarily better.

Yeah the operations and squad points are a major fail and have been poorly utilised. There is definitely more campers in this game now which is why Cranked is my saviour! 

I really do miss challenge unlocks. Squad points are worse than the COD points system that Black Ops 1 used.  The camo unlocks are really disappointing too with a bad structure.  I miss the MW2 system for this 

Yeah the operations and squad points are a major fail and have been poorly utilised. There is definitely more campers in this game now which is why Cranked is my saviour!

I really do miss challenge unlocks. Squad points are worse than the COD points system that Black Ops 1 used. The camo unlocks are really disappointing too with a bad structure. I miss the MW2 system for this

I like the whole system. Buy what you want when you want. I like the way prestige works. It doesn't feel like a grind anymore. My only complaints about this game is I don't love any maps and the dickheads that play the game.