Ghosts First Impressions

TigerBurge

I had a problem with my NAT type earlier Bob, back to Open. And now you're in my party. Feel priveleged :).

Good to get some games in with you and the guys, sorry wasnt mic'd up. Chasm was horrible, I kep getting lost and shot in the back but the other maps are pretty good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good to get some games in with you and the guys, sorry wasnt mic'd up. Chasm was horrible, I kep getting lost and shot in the back but the other maps are pretty good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Brief as it was, it was good to get some games in with you as well Bob. The maps are pretty big and easy to get lost in. Luckily we're all very forgiing fellows round here, just don't do it again!! :P

A bit disappointed. After everyone said it's so great, I find it's pretty routine so far. I'm also not that impress with the randoms so far. Played DOM with people camping home flag. Blame Killstreaks 

I did have some connections issues. Even the Killcam was laggy. 

Well I got the game yesterday afternoon and ive had a couple of hours on it, with getting the game a day later than most I was more eager than ever to give it a go.

First off lag tho very sporadc it is definatly there, maybe more noticable to me as im used to geting very little lag in past cod's no way is it a major problem its just not as smooth for me as some have said.

I started with squads, personally the only use I found for this is to get a basic feel for the game and maps, for actual gameplay its pretty useless imo as the bots are hopeless so after an hour i jumped into multiplayer.

First impression i got is its going to be a steeper learning curve, im ususally a 1.2-1.3 kdr player but ive been struggling to get 1 kdr games but it gives me something to aim for.

The game feels different to all the previous cods which is a positive but they dont seem that varied, all seem big and the colours are very samey, I cant actually really distinguish etween them and with them being a little dull mostly I have trouble picking out opponents.

Gamemodes, blitz meh it would be better if it was timed rather than the 8 point halves, dom which is my fav game type usually is  somewhat different whit map size as i only started playing it in mw3, i wont go near tdm but I do like cranked at the moment for some fast paced fun.

Im used to playing hc so ttk on core is still a little slow to me as it takes more hits to fell opponents I will always hate getting first hits in but losing the fight but this could also be down to weapon choice.

As for killstreaks yes the dogs are so abundant its like a meet up of the blind society but this will probably change as people get squad points to unlock other things.

Anyway first thoughts are on the whole positive as they have definatly not made a clone of a previous cod but it might be more difficult to be succesful as an average player the learning curve will be steeper as i think the skill gap has increased, i like the improved graphics but they could have made some more varied map sizes and colours etc imo.

I look forward to getting some decent time on it this weekend to get my teeth into all the other features and learn the layout.

you're all saying how great it is now, but lets remember back to when BLOPS2 came out

" this is the best cod to date, there's nothing wrong with it, its perfect ".....said all of FG.

then the lag comp, the host migrations, the bullshit just built up to the point where

i.) - we couldnt play uk and us games together

ii.) core was a no go

iii.) ground war was unplayable

iv.) we all pretty much stopped playing it because the connections were so inconsistent

v.) Treyarch never fixed it

so how long before the first ghost problems will emerge ? will there be any ?

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Debbie Downer right there^^^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes: (please see 2 posts up)

Adam, do you have the game or are you just here to try and bring down the rest of us that do have it and are enjoying it??? Come on man, you're better then that!!

He has a point though.

Allthough not all of FG said BO2 was perfect. I know I never said it :)

you're all saying how great it is now, but lets remember back to when BLOPS2 came out

" this is the best cod to date, there's nothing wrong with it, its perfect ".....said all of FG.

then the lag comp, the host migrations, the bullshit just built up to the point where

i.) - we couldnt play uk and us games together

ii.) core was a no go

iii.) ground war was unplayable

iv.) we all pretty much stopped playing it because the connections were so inconsistent

v.) Treyarch never fixed it

so how long before the first ghost problems will emerge ? will there be any ?

I pretty much only played BO2 launch day. After that the game got a lot of problems. So far Ghosts is the best I've played since MW2.

For me BO2 was probably one of the best games of the series so far. But by no means was it perfect. I think you might be mixing alot of people's opinions together bud. You gave up on cod about 6 months in, I played it the night before Ghosts launched.

We all had gripes with it in the long run but I don't think anyone said it was perfect and this will be no different

Debbie Downer right there^^^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes: (please see 2 posts up)

Adam, do you have the game or are you just here to try and bring down the rest of us that do have it and are enjoying it??? Come on man, you're better then that!!

im not bringing anyone down, i just want to know whether it is good or not. my point is that we all thought blops2 would be everything we wanted it to be, and then we all got screwed with connections

i dont want to buy ghosts only for the same thing to happen again

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

I thought BO2 was just fine. I didn't have all the rage about the game that came with previous titles (especially mw3 which was just way too chaotic)

That is the #1 thing that I hate in COD, dying through no fault of your own. Getting spawn pooped on and shit like that.  If you can't control your own life, you feel helpless and then the game just sucks ass.

But please someone explain how these maps are huge and we still have shitty spawns from time to time. lol

Keep calm and question nothing.

Fair enough but I don't honestly remember (could be old age :mellow: ) everyone thinking Blops 2 would be the everything we wanted it to be.

In my limited amount of time playing Ghost (I have just less than 4 hours played), this game is great. I have had a few lag situations but none nearly as bad as in Blops 2.

Adam, my suggestion, just get Ghosts so that you can game with the rest of us. Doesn't that even factor into your decision? I love the fact that in the 4 hours that I've played so far, I've been able to game with Cal, Stretch, Sean, Dylan, Dave, Sebba, Ryan, etc. and not have any major lags issues. This is what was missing from Blops 2 and I really hope that it continues. :wub:

What Bees said, I couldn't game with the mericans on bops2 due to how crappy a connection I got! Now I can play with anyone with no lag at all. I've not said this is the best cod yet but I will say its the best start, if the patches don't break the connection like Bops2 did then it will be the best cod ever IMO!

Think its been said hc saved blops2 I remember trying to play search with kyle hitting people point blank with an an94 and not getting a kill, so far with ghosts I'm getting beat it seems not by connection but by the fact the other person has a stronger gun which is how it should be, I haven't even considered hc yet.

However I loved blops 2, but I'm glad this is different.

I am missing a few things, simple weapon stats for example, also So far not too keen on operations over challenges but my opinion may change on that.

One thing that concerns me is the danger close / noob tube. Has anyone tried using this set up yet? God I hope its not like Mw2

Not encountered it yet, but might give it a look in a private match to see what kind of damage we're talking. I'm with you though, it could be a bit of a deal breaker when paired with double explosives as well as noob tube