Uncharted Series

I've been playing the Uncharted Collection of late and just completed the trilogy and found them to be utterly incredible games. I've already finished The Last of Us Remastered from Naughty Dog which was excellent but never got round to playing Uncharted until recently. The trilogy is remastered superbly - they were great looking games back on the old gen but even now; all look stunning; even the original which must be nearly a decade old. The sheer effort that has gone into producing the games from the beautiful and artistic backdrops to the character animations and audio just puts so many modern games to shame. 

Out of the three, I think I liked Uncharted 2 the most. The original is still excellent today considering its age and the third game was highly enjoyable albeit a bit shorter than the second and having more scripted events along with cumbersome melee combat. I picked up the package for £18 on eBay which is a complete steal. 

I've just started working my way through 4 which is jaw-dropping in places and a massive step from from even the gorgeous remastered titles. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy releases next month too and unless I become extremely burned and sick of the series by then; that's another title that I cannot wait to sift through. Anyone else have these on the old gen or have played the collection on PS4? 

I bought the collection a while back and I thought the first two were really good.  the third started off ok but then it just bored me with the story.  I figure I'll get back to finishing it at some point so I can jump into 4.   

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I played a PS Vita version of one of the games and struggled with the view, how different is it to usual third person shooters? Also, whenever I've read about the story it hasn't gripped me like others. It feels like it was trying to copy Tomb Raider in some way but that just can't be replicated for me.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I played a PS Vita version of one of the games and struggled with the view, how different is it to usual third person shooters? Also, whenever I've read about the story it hasn't gripped me like others. It feels like it was trying to copy Tomb Raider in some way but that just can't be replicated for me.

The camera for shooting elements is the standard 3rd person one but the game also mixes in multiple views for when scaling the environment. The game is more inspired by Indiana Jones rather than Tomb Raider although Rise of the Tomb Raider was ironically more based on Uncharted 2! 

The stories are a bit repetitive and predictable in places but the script is pretty fanatastic as are the cut scenes. 

On 7/26/2017 at 1:33 PM, SensaiNemesis said:

I bought the collection a while back and I thought the first two were really good.  the third started off ok but then it just bored me with the story.  I figure I'll get back to finishing it at some point so I can jump into 4.   

You could probably move on to 4 without finishing the third game as it's a brand new story albeit with returning characters. 

I have more of an urge to play the 4th one so it's good to know they aren't connected as I don't like picking up a game half way through a story.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I started playing the 4th game in the series last night, only played for an hour or so but really enjoying it so far. I haven’t played an Uncharted game before yesterday but heard that I could jump into this one without any issue.

I’m really enjoying the climbing and jumping mechanics, it feels really smooth but occasionally I did get a bit lost as to which way to go and did fall to my death once thinking I had to jump down. 

I haven’t go much into the story yet as I haven’t got far but excited to see where it goes. Some of the cutscenes do feel insanely long though which I don’t mind but only if the story grips me.

I’ve had to stop playing this game, I played for an hour the other night but only actually gamed for 20mins and the rest was cutscenes. I’ll probably pick it back up when I start gaming more but at the moment I want to game and not watch something. I’m guessing the cutscenes will slow down?

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I’ve had to stop playing this game, I played for an hour the other night but only actually gamed for 20mins and the rest was cutscenes. I’ll probably pick it back up when I start gaming more but at the moment I want to game and not watch something. I’m guessing the cutscenes will slow down?

The 4th game is quite cutscene heavy plus it drags on massively towards the end. Still a great game but you have to be in the right mood to experience it. The trilogy are much better games overall - probably 6-10 hours and although they still focus on the story, it's not quite as prominent. Uncharted 4 took me about 25 hours and long before the end it began to outsay its welcome despite impressing in places. 

It’s good to know I’m not the only one that thought it was cutscene heavy, I found myself looking at the time and wondering if I was going mad.

I’ll take a look at the first three, although I was looking for something a bit more moder, just for quality of the cutscenes ironically 😄

Oh well, at least I didn’t sink hours into it. I might even come back to it if I’m ever in the mood.