PC Destiny, first look

Sennex

I love watching any Destiny gameplay, so I really enjoyed that and can't deny it looks superb at 60 FPS. However, I can't see that how 60 FPS not coming to console is a major issue. The graphics are still great at 30 FPS for me.

Forum Signature Test.png

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Well shit.  I was convinced I wasn't going to get it on PC.  This is a game changer.

I'm gonna remember this quote when it comes out. Don't get me wrong, it looks epic but since there's no cross play I don't feel like getting it straight away. Just the fact we'll have 2 growing communities across each platform is the driver for me.

Forum Signature Test.png

It looks beautiful. If the etherium miners ever stop buying the fucking and cards so I can get one.

Via the FG App

The plummet of the pound has hurt my gpu spending power is one big thing I've noticed too...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm glad this has been delayed until October on PC as at least the embargoed reviews will be out in the open along with any Activision bullshittery. 

On a side note; it's pretty pathetic that this game running on a clapped out Halo Reach engine cannot even get 60fps on the PS4 Pro. Anyone that spent £400 quid on a brand new console so they can experience the possibilities that were available in gaming bloody years ago must feel a bit sick especially when this is a Playstation exclusive. It's like having the privillage of having a Michelin Star chef cook for you but seeing him buying the ingedients from the Tesco Economy section. Having played games in 60fps+ for years now; going back to 30 is a horrible and seriously noticiable downgrade that even gives me a headache now. It'll probably give people haemorrages with the 4K upscaling at 30fps I bet too:rolleyes:

Regardless of how good it is; I think this will be huge on PC especially if Overwatch is anything to go by. Even with a £32 pre-order price on CD Keys; I'll still wait to see if it is worth it but I do think it will do very well.    

So, Recoil.

Mark Noseworthy initially said there wouldn't be any on PC. Looks like there will be some now.

If you use a keyboard and mouse then recoil doesn't work that well, however he's stated that you don't want to lose all the magic of getting a new gun and not feeling some type of recoil.

He has confirmed though if you do use a controller on PC you will feel the exact same recoil like you will on console.

It's one thing that does put me off the PC version a little. Knowing that most guns will probably fire the same because the recoil will be virtually the same means you lose some of those intense moments you get when partied up.

Forum Signature Test.png

So, Recoil.

Mark Noseworthy initially said there wouldn't be any on PC. Looks like there will be some now.

If you use a keyboard and mouse then recoil doesn't work that well, however he's stated that you don't want to lose all the magic of getting a new gun and not feeling some type of recoil.

He has confirmed though if you do use a controller on PC you will feel the exact same recoil like you will on console.

It's one thing that does put me off the PC version a little. Knowing that most guns will probably fire the same because the recoil will be virtually the same means you lose some of those intense moments you get when partied up.

Seriously Lee, keyboard and mouse is the most satisfying way to play games like this. They can't make the keys and mouse vibrate that is true... but just try playing a game like Arma and see how each weapon has its own feel and you will get all sorts of recoil. If each weapon feels the same then that's just poor programming.

I've Density Too on PS4 preorder though[emoji106] [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'll agree to disagree that its the most satisfying way to play these games. I think Destiny has and always will be the best on console. The way the game is made is perfect for console gaming. 

I'm sure its brilliant for Arma and other ones similar, you just have to stand back sometimes and give a game credit regardless of how critical we are of D1. What it has done to the console gaming community is ganechanging. It really is.

For PC its had their moments previously, like WoW. I fear that D2 will get savaged by the PC Community. I hope and pray not though.

Forum Signature Test.png

PC beta will be out August 29th to 31st with the release date set as October 24th.

PC Specs:

New Build

Recommended Specs:

CPU:

• Intel - Core i5-2400
  • AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU:

• Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
  • AMD - Radeon R9 390

RAM: 8GB

Minimum Specs:

CPU:

• Intel - Core i3-3250
  • AMD - FX-4350

GPU:

• Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
  • AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB

RAM: 6GB

Upgrading Recommended:

CPU - Intel Core i5-7400

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Minimum:

CPU - Intel Pentium G4560

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB

Bungie's Event Machine:

CPU – Intel i7-7700k

GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB

Forum Signature Test.png

Bloody hell the PC specs are so low I could probably run this on my old work laptop from 2010:huh: Looks like I wont even have to upgrade my PC either. Christ, there's been more demanding indie games released of late:lol: 

If it's a great port like Overwatch; it should run outstandingly well on PC though. I could probably get 90fps at high on an old 770 with this hopefully. No way I pre-ordering though just for one extra day and after some of the negative feedback I've read read but I'm intrigued to check out the open beta. 

The PC is getting a new map to play Control - Javelin-4 instead of Midtown and it'll include some fine tuning since the Playstation beta but won't have gone the whole way on changes expected when launched.

Forum Signature Test.png

At Gamescom, Deej released a bunch of specific detail that has been made available just for PC players so the game will feel like it fits on a PC rather than just a port.

PC players will get:

• Adjustable field of view
  • in-game framerate counter
  • uncapped framerate
  • graphics that scale up to 4K
  • support for SLI for multiple GPUs
  • support for ultra wide aspect ratios
  • high dynamic range (HDR) lighting

Also, Nvidia are releasing a Geforce GTX 1080 TI bundle.

This is actually better than I thought. I'm still unsure if the third party can pull it off as this reeks of cash cow, however this type of accommodation for PC players is going a little way to removing that.

Forum Signature Test.png