Perma Bans?

tronic44

The makers are looking into permanently banning people who leave games midway through. They'll look at how many games you leave during a season and how many seasons you've done this for. This isn't just a normal ban, this is banned FOREVER.

A user asked for people to be put into separate lobbies but the games designer is going full force and saying they will be banned, full stop.

permaBan_zpsfka19hvk.png

I hate leavers.  But Alex for example, when he is told to go for his tea, he turns his console off.  Is it fair to remove a part of a product that you have paid for?

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

14 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

I hate leavers.  But Alex for example, when he is told to go for his tea, he turns his console off.  Is it fair to remove a part of a product that you have paid for?

I think they've got a pretty good algorithm sorted so hopefully people won't be punished for leaving when they have to. For people that leave every time they're loosing, that's when this kicks into play, or at least that's what i hope.

29 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Has he left enough matches to be banned from any of the seasons? As Jeff's post suggest only those banned from multiple seasons will get perma banned.

Though as you say is it fair? Maybe not.  I suppose another option would be bring the season bans in a lot sooner but only ever make them season bans.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

50 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Yeah, its an interesting point this one which I think I side with you Crispy as its something you paid for ultimately.

However, playing devil's advocate just for a second, what's the reason he plays competitive? Would he not be able to get the value out of what he gets on competitive via Quick Play or Arcade? Just a thought.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think that's where their thoughts are, they want competitive to be exactly that. They're expecting people to no start a game if you think you can't finish it, which is fine in my view. Why would you start a competitive game if you knew you couldn't finish it.

I know there are times where you can't help it but the algorithm will show that, or at least i hope it will. 

They just want people to take it seriously and not mess about, as that's what quick play is for. I get where they're coming from.