Mark Noseworthy confirms "cluster" subclass perk nodes, lack of customization.

Sennex

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More info from reddit:

Many of us were in fear that we would have to force-pick all four perks of a subclass' augment perks. It turns out, it is true, confirmed here: http://i.imgur.com/oMStGpG.png

Now, after taking a closer look at the Striker subclass (I main a Titan), not only are people like me bummed who liked running lesser-used builds, but it turns out the synergy you want isn't even there.
Here are the two perk sets for the Striker Titan:

**Code of the Juggernaut:
[Reversal]: Melee kills immediately trigger health regeneration.
[Trample]: Fist of Havoc lasts longer while sprinting. Killing an enemy with Fist of Havoc extends its duration.
[Knockout]: Breaking enemy shields increases your melee range.
[Frontal Assault]: A powerful melee punch that grants you increased weapon stability.

**Unnamed Tree:
[Shoulder Charge]: After sprinting for a short time, press R1 to slam shoulder-first into your target.
[Aftermath]: Fist of Havoc disorients enemies and leaves a damage-dealing field in its wake.
[Magnitude]: Increases the duration of Pulse Grenades, Lightning Grenades and Aftermath.
[Aerial Strike]: Fist of Havoc deals more damage the longer it's in the air.

Now, the unnamed tree sure sounds like it would be good in PvE. Disorienting ads and dealing increased damage to them. And getting your health back from shoulder charging because otherwise it is useless in PvE where you get shot at all the time if you charge forw... oh, wait. The single only way shoulder charge was ever useful in PvE isn't in here. Hm, okay.
Well, I guess shoulder charge is at least still great in Crucible! And of course dealing increased damage in Crucible on your Super is also fantastic and... not that useless most of the ti... hm.
Anyway, I really like how sometimes someone steps into your Aftermath, so extending the duration of your Super from a wake you left that killed someone is great in Crucible! At least we can do th... oh, no those are on opposite trees.

But! We can deal the increased damage with Fist of Havoc to kill ads more reliably and THEN we get increased Super duration because of the kills we... opposite trees again huh? Okay.
Jesus. Just let me pick what I want. Clearly I want to experiment with different things. Why not just make this a Diablo thing? Have the two perk trees for casual players or players that do not want to bother with synergy discovery and then allow people like me to select 'elective mode' so I can pick what I want?

This is less looking like 'offering the player the synergies up front' and a lot more like straight up nerfs. Because who wants to run shoulder charge in Crucible without health regen? I don't like it. Not at all.

TL;DR: You have to pick one of the two trees of augment perks and they don't even synergize that well together, let alone that there are clearly far more synergies to use that would work great together but you're not allowed to.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That is how I took it from watching the feed and subsequent videos from people who were at the event.  It is a shame that they have made it this way though.  Bungie said the raids were for us to figure out until people did it in way which they didn't like.  This just seems an extension of you can only play it Bungies way!

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

It feels like Activision has more of an impact on Bungie than I thought they did.

Blizzard pulled this shit back when WoW Cataclysm came out, and millions left.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I don't like the sound of that. Thanks for sharing Bart.

Hmmm, well there is time for it to change and I do like the idea of having more than one subclass 'loadout' but not if there are fragmented as much as the info says.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It's not a lack of choice. You have a path to chose. One clearly sounds more of a pvp path we're the other sounds more like PVE. Just my opinion. Plus how many people actually change their perks in their sun class. I do because I'm weird about that shit. I also have armor I use for pvp and pve. Try to have gauntlets with quick reload of each primary weapon type 

14 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

It's not a lack of choice. You have a path to chose. One clearly sounds more of a pvp path we're the other sounds more like PVE. Just my opinion. Plus how many people actually change their perks in their sun class. I do because I'm weird about that shit. I also have armor I use for pvp and pve. Try to have gauntlets with quick reload of each primary weapon type 

We all do, depending on the situation.

4-manning the Abyss the other day drove this home to me. We needed to max out our agility, so we could run faster. 

I seriously doubt I am unique in that I change my spec depending on the raid/ strike/ or PVP type I am doing.