Holidays

Chookes

So me and wifey love going on holidays and we're thinking about next year. We had a pretty big holiday (also called a honeymoon) this year so we haven't a break since we got back from June. We need something booked to have something to look forward to in 2014.

Our plan is to book a week off in February and do a late deal. We usually go to somewhere in the sun, which is never the best thing for a guy with pale skin and dyed ginger hair. This time I suggested a city break. Barcelona, Prague, Budapest, Berlin, Amersterdam... Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions of where to go in February?

Where have you booked in 2014?

We're hoping to go with her family to Florida in September for 10 days. He bought a villa last year and we just love Orlando but we can't wait until September for a break. Want to get a good idea of what to do in February.

Explains why you're with your girlfriend. Heyhoooo.

That's revenge for the AC130 GTA incident!

---------

She doesn't want to go Italy.

Ah mate, looks like i'm crashing into you again tonight ;)

Why does she not want to go to Italy? hmm that kinda rules Rome out as well lol

You've already been to Cyprus haven't you? Ever thought of going to the Northern side? There's loads of place to visit from old ruins, to the very tip where disciples landed, loads of small villages with lovely beaches (nicer than southern cyprus) Also Kyrenia is amazing! I could spend my whole holiday there

article-1279699-064332A5000005DC-168_634

I've got a picture of the tip of the country on my phone if you want to see? Obviously it all depends what kind of holiday you're after?

We are going to Hong Kong in March. Family vacation combined with a Family wedding. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of my wife's family that I never met on this one. People are flying in from all over

That sounds good. I'd like to go somewhere which is very different to England, Hong Kong is one of those places.

I went to Turks and Caicos last year and am going again in January. It's very nice, it is sunny and anti ginger, but very beautiful.

I've been to Jamaica a few years ago, it was also nice but you kinda felt like you would be kidnapped and sold for parts if you left the resort.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I'm looking at Barcelona, Cal. We were in Salou before (shithole) but we went through to Barcelona and it seemed nice.

We also thought about Iceland Tam but that's because my wife was confusing Iceland with Lapland :lol: . Are drinks not expensive though? Like 10 euro a pint?

London is still a possibility, Dublin's out, I'll consider Detroit in the future and not in February, Canary Islands are a possibility (we like Tenerife but it's becoming an expensive place).

We were offered a place to stay in Hong Kong which we might take up in the future. Rich, I was in Ayia Napa (got engaged there, not drunkily though) but it's a little bit far away for a wee break. Anyway, we'd go back to Cyprus to Ayia Napa again, it was during the quiet time and a great laugh.

Paris is out, going to have a look at Budapest over the weekend.

Barcelona. Fantastic city, great food, great beer, great weather, great culture (even I thought so I am generally a cultural black hole). I took my wife there for her 40th birthday, sitting by the marina eating tapas and getting wrecked on Estrella lager is one of my happiest memories

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kronas, whatever.

We're looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday in February, Orlando in September will be where we can splurge a little.

Are you suggesting that Tommy or is that your plans?

I was suggesting it, but I have no idea what type of vacation you prefer.  I went there two years ago and it was so beautiful.  We stayed in a cabin by the lake on top of a mountain.  Fished, swam, etc. It was very relaxing.  Not sure what the weather is like in Feb though.  Probably a little cool, so maybe it's not what you're looking for. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png