Thought this thread should be reborn again, found some really enjoyable rap artists (CES Cru thanks to Jordie) because of the threads on the previous forums  :D

I am a massive rap enthusiast, been listening to it for the better part of my life but over the past few years I have been really diving into the world of hip-hop. I am currently on a massive old school kick, here is one of my favourites at the moment.

Feel free to share, discuss and debate all there is about Rap  :)

Kia Ora. 

To be completely honest, I hate rap music.  I used to listen to it when I was younger.  Bone Thugs, Dr. Dre, Cypress Hill, etc., but I just can't take it anymore.  I think I've just changed as an individual and it doesn't fit my tastes anymore.  I can appreciate the skill that SOME of the writing takes though.  There are some truly genius lyrics out there, but you have to dig for them.  Most of the b.s. you hear on the radio is absolute garbage in my opinion. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

A little story,

I updated the software on my iphone, it decided to turn on iCloud which then downloaded everything I had purchased previously, I was listening to my usual dubstep when NWA greatest hits album came on...

I forgot how good rap is!

blackops2sig.jpg

To be completely honest, I hate rap music.  I used to listen to it when I was younger.  Bone Thugs, Dr. Dre, Cypress Hill, etc., but I just can't take it anymore.  I think I've just changed as an individual and it doesn't fit my tastes anymore.  I can appreciate the skill that SOME of the writing takes though.  There are some truly genius lyrics out there, but you have to dig for them.  Most of the b.s. you hear on the radio is absolute garbage in my opinion. 

I'm in the same boat. It's not the same anymore. Like with every other genre of music it's so saturated with no talent hacks and 79,000,003 sub genres I don't have the strength to sift through an ocean of shit to find a diamond. Take Southern Rap for example. I hope they all die.  :ph34r: I do come across some acts that interest me though. Most of the motifs are satirical or about movies and weed. ^_^

If you're into old old school rap/hip hop 'Kiweeeey' you should talk to Bees. For a pink ass Hitler baby poster child he sure does know a lot about the foundations of American rap, and he'll rap the songs to you while shaking his head like he's in a tourettes fit. It's mildly uncomfortable and you'll look around to see if someone is watching but he don't care. :lol:

Lately the only hip-hop I've supported has been my man Josh's side project Weerd Science. I enjoy the off color humor and reoccurring themes. He writes and plays instruments on a lot of the songs so it's kind of unfair to rappers when someone who is musically talented to begin with makes what you do look easy and you like a turd in the process.

Uh oh! ^_^

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

While rap is far from my favorite genre, my childhood was absolutely filled with it, and even now, I've taken a few souvenirs from then with me.

Old rap is best rap. You can argue and say I'm wrong, but I'm Allah himself.

DM9ON.png