I haven't touched the surface on this subject so it would be good to know your thoughts on mods and which ones are the best with which weapons.

I can see from the skills tree that there is a mod to amend mods along the way but haven't got to it yet, so it's good to know if I'm locking in a mod, what should or shouldn't I do?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not really scratched the surface on this myself but I do know as you get better equipment it comes with more mod slots. I think the point is to have bespoke gear for certain situations, so if you  expect a load of fire coming your way equip an outfit that is fire resistant. Fire shock and freeze are the mods, and Tear and Melee and handling are other common mods. 

For weapons you can also then make special versions for specific situations. Not sure how necessary it is though in terms of making progress

Haven' unlocked much yet but got a +20% handling for the bow and a +20% damage mod. Very Rare apparently. Otherwise I only got +6% fire og freeze mods I think.

I upgraded my bow with 2 mods and the outfit with one.

I haven't quite worked out modifications either, I have applied mods to everything I can but can't say I have noticed much different.  I got a legendary weapon modification which gives me something like 30% fire damage on my bow but not sure if this normal arrows now do some fire damage or if only fire arrows do 30% more damage.  I am not too worried at the moment though as relatively easily taking down everything I come across.  I wouldn't mind getting a weapon with tear though as I can see it making it easier once you can knock weapons off the robots.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I think the expectation is that you have a bunch of different weapons specialized for different situations. Then you expand the size of your weapon pouch

Just like in destiny you have the 3 types of weapons (void, fire and that other one).