Legend of Zelda

phil bottle

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Zelda on the GameBoy and I found it awesome yet so hard. Installments after that one didn't seem worthwhile, maybe from a biased Sega fan perhaps but I'm really thinking of picking this up with a Switch. Testament to them keeping just for themselves. It would probably ruin the franchise if it went multi-platform. This and Mario Kart will be fantastic to play.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Ocarina of Time was the best game I've ever played and despite getting The Wind Waker and the Twilight Princess after; nothing can beat that game. Even with my copy of the WW on the GameCube; I gave up and popped in the OOT mini disc and played the 'remaster' instead. Not sure if Nintendo have it in them to create any groundbreaking titles like they did back in the old days and I really miss that and the PS4/XB1 is being filled with so many shitty season pass/DLC riddled games that forever disappoint yet the N64 was full of great games that despite a hefty price; you got so much value for money out of them. I hope Nintendo do well with the Switch as this is their last shot and having a console and handheld combined; the must and should succeed...

Only had chance to play 30 minutes so far. The world looks vast. There is a brilliant quirkiness to it all.

I can see it taking lots of my time up in the day already.

Okay, so I'm not a fanboy, not will I ever be for Zelda. I didn't grow up with it, so I won't have the pull towards it like most critics write about this.

Well, that doesn't mean anything when it comes to this quite exquisite open world package that will ensure the Switch is absolutely a star buy.

It is quite perfectly made for the controls of the switch, that ensures you use all buttons and triggers, yet in a majestic not complicated way.

The open world is the definition of open world. There are fruitful items to find in the most random of places. Even just in the middle of nowhere, like someone as elegantly dropped a fiver in the street.

The menus and use of the map via a sheika slate you get at the start is like the best map interface I've seen. There's even a way to set your own waypoints. Up to 100 just in case you want to remember specific points in the game. Extrememly well designed.

The combat is crafted in the right way for this type of game too. One of the best moments I've had so far is the when you take on a skeleton goblin. You hit him once and he breaks up. Pretty obvious. But to then be able to pick up his head whilst chattering and throw it back at its body that is trying to pull back together is genius.

A quite superb game. And I've only played about 6/7 hours.

Via the FG App