Discord

I've downloaded the discord app for in game chat so hopefully we can record our shenanigans, because let's face it, sometimes it's more impressive than our actual gaming 

My user name is crispymorgan.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No FG group yet? Also Discord could pretty much replace Whatsapp as it allows you to use voice chat on phone as well. Makes it real fucking easy to get in touch with people :P

I also imagine this being nice to have for those of you who play pc games.

On 29/12/2016 at 10:42 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

So i'm going to be the noob with this. So how does it work if we have our headsets on with ps4?

So I still don't understand this. Above question still stands.

Forum Signature Test.png

I was under the impression that we needed this to record voice. That doesn't appear to be the case, so not entirely sure of the value now.  As to how to do it, my turtle beach headset has an auxiliary in/out cable that I can switch to for external chat device, but others may struggle with wireless setups.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

3 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I was under the impression that we needed this to record voice. That doesn't appear to be the case, so not entirely sure of the value now.  As to how to do it, my turtle beach headset has an auxiliary in/out cable that I can switch to for external chat device, but others may struggle with wireless setups.

If I'm honest, all that was needed in my opinion was the option to remove chat from videos. Its pretty easy for all to turn on their chat to record in the PlayStation settings. Its more when you record your clips via the playstation app it can't detach your chat as its been recorded as one. Some clips are great with the chat enabled but I also think it would ruin a few awesome moments if you're randomly talking crap whilst something epic is happening....like we do most of the time.

Forum Signature Test.png

2 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

Discord is just such a middle man as we are console players. You would have to have earbuds to your phone or computer to use discord, have someone record that on a pc and overlay with your ps4 gameplay.

That just seems a whole lot of hassle for not much gain me thinks. Thanks for explaining Rob.

Forum Signature Test.png

Just a thought...I'm starting to warm to the idea of Discord now I have seen it and can see what features it has. Mainly as an alternative to Whatsapp but also I can look into a Discord integration with the forum. Notifications can come through Discord straight to the app to your phone too. It's an intersting one and i'm really happy to look into Discord integration regardless anyway.

Even recording voices can be done if we want to but that's more an additional benefit I think. I've attached a video that I found to show it is easy if you have an amp.

What do you people reckon?

Forum Signature Test.png

One thing we can use it for is if we ever have more than 8 people (or how ever many a ps4 party chat holds) Think it's only happened once but would be good to have for back up.

This would also make it easier for anyone using an elgato, as you currently need two mics to record party chat and your own chat. It also means that you can record chat separately without any issues.

I'm all for using this but it depends if everyone's up for using it.

One thing we can use it for is if we ever have more than 8 people (or how ever many a ps4 party chat holds) Think it's only happened once but would be good to have for back up.

This would also make it easier for anyone using an elgato, as you currently need two mics to record party chat and your own chat. It also means that you can record chat separately without any issues.

I'm all for using this but it depends if everyone's up for using it.

To be honest its an alternative to party chat but possibly as a back up for what you've just said.

Its more as the replacement for Whatsapp imo. I've also found forum intergration with Discord so this could work really well in the future. And it would allow others that don't use whatsapp to interact more as a collective alongside the forum.

Forum Signature Test.png

Another app for communication I really don't need to be honest.

I've got teamspeak for PC and I've got chats on WhatsApp that won't transfer to another service unless I persuade a lot of people to abandon whatsapp ....which I don't see happening.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Another app for communication I really don't need to be honest.

I've got teamspeak for PC and I've got chats on WhatsApp that won't transfer to another service unless I persuade a lot of people to abandon whatsapp ....which I don't see happening.

I'm always in favour of keeping stuff simple and not too many things to maintain. At the same time anything to support the FG forum and get the same benefits out of it like whatsapp is a real win.

I'm trying to think of everyone here rather than ones that have just shared mobile numbers with each other.

If teamspeak had a form of integration then I would value it but it seems Discord has significant backing.

Forum Signature Test.png

I'm always in favour of keeping stuff simple and not too many things to maintain. At the same time anything to support the FG forum and get the same benefits out of it like whatsapp is a real win.

I'm trying to think of everyone here rather than ones that have just shared mobile numbers with each other.

If teamspeak had a form of integration then I would value it but it seems Discord has significant backing.

Folk from the forum not on whatsapp are not on because they don't want to be.

But maybe you're right and using Discord will encourage more interaction.

I dunno but yeah I'm drowning with the various channels for communication and I don't even use shitbook [emoji3]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Folk from the forum not on whatsapp are not on because they don't want to be.

But maybe you're right and using Discord will encourage more interaction.

I dunno but yeah I'm drowning with the various channels for communication and I don't even use shitbook emoji3.png

Very true bud. That is why its all about inclusion for all and if it helps the forum for all you guys then thats an awesome bonus.

I'd rather just be on here if I'm honest but as others are on instant messenger service (and can be lazy visiting here at times) I can see they help for 2 reasons:

1) Extreme banter where we just call each other very colourful names

2) holla to see whos online and wants to join a live game

Discord seems to do this very well so i wanted to ask if it was worth a go. What's great about this place is we should try things and if it doesn't work then we have the balls to say so and do something different.

Forum Signature Test.png