So the new Ghostbusters looks like complete shit

Docwagon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I actually meant you but said Plastic Gamer. I'm getting old, at least I remember my own name ....half the time.

NP, just busting your chops anyways

As I think about it however, I think they really missed an opportunity with this movie

They could have made an all female cast, that was supposed to be the daughters of the original cast (so the personalities could have still been somewhat similar) and made the fact that the guys could only produce daughters part of the story line. 

The star trek reboots for example, acknowledge the previous movies and story lines and incorporate it in the new movies. 

This is just a lazy effort

So my idea, (still going to look for the post):

Oscar, the son of Dana (Sigourney Weavers character), and sort of son of Bill Murray, obviously much older now, gets wrapped up with a Paranormal investigator PHD (read female version of Winston Zeddemore) type, and her friend, read as Egon Spengler female character.

Shit starts going sideways because all along, Vigo the Carpathian's magical influence on Oscar at a young age marked him for his whole life.

Dana, shows up with left over equipment from the original group, as well as Winston's daughter or neice or what have you.

This reforms the old Ghostbusters, with Dana being a mentor, to save Oscar, with an all female cast, and it also acknowledges the original series, and carries it on.

I dont' give a fuck who you cast in an of the roles as long as Sigourney Weaver makes an appearance.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

So my idea, (still going to look for the post):

Oscar, the son of Dana (Sigourney Weavers character), and sort of son of Bill Murray, obviously much older now, gets wrapped up with a Paranormal investigator PHD (read female version of Winston Zeddemore) type, and her friend, read as Egon Spengler female character.

Shit starts going sideways because all along, Vigo the Carpathian's magical influence on Oscar at a young age marked him for his whole life.

Dana, shows up with left over equipment from the original group, as well as Winston's daughter or neice or what have you.

This reforms the old Ghostbusters, with Dana being a mentor, to save Oscar, with an all female cast, and it also acknowledges the original series, and carries it on.

I dont' give a fuck who you cast in an of the roles as long as Sigourney Weaver makes an appearance.

Okay ,,, so .. she's a dog ...    :)

Sadly I don't get the reference.

She was never a dog in the movies, she was the GateKeeper, but that wasn't one of the dogs

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

don't remember it.

regardless, I found this interesting:

http://archive.is/1GxVq

GHOSTBUSTERS VIDEO GAME BUNDLE WILL COME WITH A COPY OF THE MOVIE
A pretty good deal!
BY NICOLE CARPENTER 

Those who purchase Activision and Sony Pictures' Ghostbusters Ultimate Bundle will receive FireForge Games' upcoming Ghostbusters game and a digital copy of the upcoming Ghostbusters movie, the companies announced today.
It's unclear when the digital download code for the Ghostbusters film will be released. According to the press release, it'll be "delivered at a future date." The Ghostbusters film hits theaters July 15.
69f18399cf4438abaa433d7be3c067d59ef62ae8
Ghostbusters tie-in video game

e82986a717558e94b8bae8b9a2ec5fce481c76bf
Ghostbusters tie-in video game

Ghostbusters bundle!

Additionally, the Ghostbusters Ultimate Bundle will include DLC featuring "four classic character suits and a bonus trap based on art from the original film," along with two dashboard themes inspired by the game and the movie. The game—and the bundle—will launch July 12 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The Ghostbusters Ultimate Bundle will cost $65. The Ghostbusters game on its own will cost $50. The bundle's DLC will also be available to those who pre-order the standalone game from the Xbox Store, PlayStation Store, and Steam.

Ghostbusters—the video game—is a film tie-in, starring a "new cast of rookie recruits" in the post-film world. It's a third-person role-playing game, with four different "uniquely powered heroes" to choose from. A new mobile game, Ghostbusters: Slime City, will also be released the week of the film's debut, and it'll be available on iOS, Android, and Kindle smartphones and tablets.
Directed by Paul Feig, Sony's new Ghostbusters movie stars Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth.

The ghostbusters video game was pretty good, I watched it on twitch awhile back. That new one you just posted looks like a dungeon crawler/ diablo 3

I had Ghostbusters on my Commodore 64, it was so shit but just so good.

20 minute loading time, from cassette.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I had Ghostbusters on my Commodore 64, it was so shit but just so good.

20 minute loading time, from cassette.

OMG so did I!!!!!!!!

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Heard a clip of the new song this morning. I... just... *sad face*

Now because you said that I had to go look it up because I had not heard it yet. Oh my God this is sooooo bad. Is there anything about this film that does not suck???

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-fallout-boy-missy-elliott-ghost-busters-theme-20160623-snap-story.html

OMG this line is hysterical:

So ghastly is Fall Out Boy’s new theme to “Ghostbusters” that if, after first listen, you vaporized it, pumped it into a tank, locked it in a safe and buried it under the Empire State Building, “Ghostbusters (I’m Not Afraid)” would still flatulently seep to the surface to torture millions.