Thank You Everyone

SAM_0982_zpshs3h077o.jpg

Got a surprise today when these lovely flowers were delivered, along with a voucher for a meal for two at a local restaurant. Mrs P. was also chuffed and asked me to pass on her thanks as well

The latest update is that we go to see a consultant plastic surgeon on Thursday and, hopefully, from there should find out when the operation can be carried out. We hope it won't be too long.

Once again, you've proved that we're a big family here and we take care of our own.

Thanks again and God bless you all

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

Long story short... my wife lost her right eye to a form of skin cancer 8 years ago. All clear up until a couple of months ago when we saw bad skin signs in the empty socket which turned out to be malignant melanoma again.

We're now in the final stages of getting this sorted again but, where as last time we didn't now what was coming, this time we do and it has been getting stressful for both of us

I needed to unburden myself a bit and did one night in a game session and also on WhatsApp. Everyone was really supportive which really meant a lot, even to an oldie like me, and I thought no more of it until the flowers turned up today.

Like I said earlier, a really good bunch of people <3

I don't read every section on the forum but sounds like perhaps I missed something, what's going on bud everything okay??

Most people post life updates to their PPR's, I know you avoid them, but maybe you should start skimming them occasionally

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Whoever sent the flowers, well done, 4.5 stars. I have to dock you half a star for not giving me the chance to pitch in.

Seeing as you've been through this before Dave, there's probably not much I can offer in the way of advice. Stay positive, stay hopeful and know that we love you and Mrs P both.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Sorry to hear you and the Mrs are having to go through this again Dave. You certainly have my prayers and thoughts for a quick recovery for her and hopefully things will calm down now were you two can enjoy a relaxing summer together. 

Most people post life updates to their PPR's, I know you avoid them, but maybe you should start skimming them occasionally

In fairness Bart, I only had one briefly and didn't recreate it when the site updated as there was limited interest in growing vegetables and baking!!  :)

Whoever sent the flowers, well done, 4.5 stars. I have to dock you half a star for not giving me the chance to pitch in.

Seeing as you've been through this before Dave, there's probably not much I can offer in the way of advice. Stay positive, stay hopeful and know that we love you and Mrs P both.

Sorry to hear you and the Mrs are having to go through this again Dave. You certainly have my prayers and thoughts for a quick recovery for her and hopefully things will calm down now were you two can enjoy a relaxing summer together. 

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Glad you guys like 'em Dave. Crispy's idea, I was on logistics and planning and a few others helped out, if they want to be named they're more than welcome to pop in. We didn't go too far and wide because time was of the essence, this needed to happen sharpish, the idea was conceived on Thursday night. We really are a fantastic family here, thanks to all of you for being awesome :D

I just hope the restaurant is ok, I was poking and prodding like hell the other night but went for this in the end based on reviews and it looks like a nice place. This is it for those curious ;)

http://bistroonthequay.co.uk

banlol.png

Oh and I must mention both the florist and the Bistro, Christine's Florist was absolutely fantastic. They really went above and beyond, picking up the voucher from the Bistro on the way home last night. Excellent service, well done!

banlol.png

Should have included more folks

Some of us in the UK like to help a brother out as well

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Honestly Bart it wasn't like that, we didn't want to go too large nor did we want to wait. There were only 5-6 people involved and had we needed more or any thing else, you can bet your bottom dollar I would've held a hat out. We weren't excluding anyone, just keeping it short and sweet :)

As always this was a gift from EVERYONE here, not just certain individuals. That's how family works  :wub:

banlol.png