External Hard Drives (PS4)

tronic44

Hey all!

As there are 48936971354321 games coming out every week (some where around that number), I'm having to delete a game/games pretty much every other day due to the lack of space on my PS4. Does anyone run any external hard drive or know of any decent one's to use? I know the standard decent hard drives on the market but not sure if there are any that are particularly better suited for the PS4?

Cheers FG

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Size matters as the HDDs for PS4 resemble laptop drives.

Copy and paste job :) as follows:

The 1TB Seagate Laptop Thin SSHD is a hybrid 5400RPM SSD/HDD drive and 9mm thick. You can pick it up for around £65 (available from Amazon), making it a great affordable option.

Also, the WD Blue WD10SPCX, another 1TB 5400RPM hard drive, but this one is just 7mm thick. This WD drive is now around the £50 mark (available here from Amazon), making it the more affordable alternative for the Seagate.

You can use SSD drives as well, but for anything above a PS4-matching 500GB you’re looking at spending some serious dollah.

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-hdd-upgrade-how-to-upgrade-your-ps4-storage#b1mUcewXD4tYvt4l.99

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Hey all!

As there are 48936971354321 games coming out every week (some where around that number), I'm having to delete a game/games pretty much every other day due to the lack of space on my PS4. Does anyone run any external hard drive or know of any decent one's to use? I know the standard decent hard drives on the market but not sure if there are any that are particularly better suited for the PS4?

Cheers FG

By the way, gimme as shout when you get around to doing this, I'd like to look over your shoulder.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Do Externals work with the PS4?

Also, Newegg has a 2tb Western Digital that meets the PS4 specs for $114.99 (No idea what that is in pounds)

Actually, does Sata 6 work with the ps4?

EDIT: it will work, but at sata 3 speeds

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Ok it seems that you can only store data on the external drives, not install games and run them off it, which means internal it'll have to be.

Might give it a look, not this weekend but the one after if you're about Phil?

Ok it seems that you can only store data on the external drives, not install games and run them off it, which means internal it'll have to be.

Might give it a look, not this weekend but the one after if you're about Phil?

I'll be around, I'll do some more research in the meantime B)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg