Kings Fall - Spoiler Thread

Stretch616

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So feedback after our 1st run. First "puzzle" wasn't too bad after we figured it out. Get the relics and put them in the statues 6 times. 3 people on each side, 1 to carry relic, 1 to protect relic carrier and 1 to break the glass doors that appear. Not too much else to this and went quite well once we figured out what we were doing

Jumping puzzle.......Well what can you say! It puts the VoG jumping puzzle into perspective. A lot of trial and error, but the key is to understand what is getting you somewhere and what is a red herring. But very, very doable if you can get those jumps timed just right

Relic/Totem relay race - As frustrating as this was last night, it was easily the best mechanic for teamwork that i've come across. 6 people all working in tandem, making specific call outs at specific times and everyone knowing what to do was a thing of beauty when we finally did it. However getting it down to a fine art is going to be a long road on that. My original thoughts were for middle plate people, 1 looks high and takes care of wizard & the other goes low and is on minion patrol to thin the numbers for the totem teams. Totem teams worked well, especially when we had the boomer call out working. Bubbles here were a god send, but person who doesn't have the aura needs to be careful to stay in the aura otherwise their life started to diminish.

That's my take on last night in a nutshell. I really hate to think what hard mode is going to be like!!

Good summary Stetch. I was trying to remember how many chests we opened last night, I thought it was two but I seem to have 3 of those fragment things. There wa the one after the portal opening section then the one before first boss, have I missed one?

I thought it was 2 as well, but i'm sure one of the chests gave us 2 fragment thingys.

Charlie was the only one to drop a weapon as i recall?

Gutted we only got started so late yesterday but it was great fun anyway. Jumping Puzzle 2.0 is brilliant, but my favourite moment by far was the pendulum things. Last time I had a moment of awe like that was in Killzone 2. Just walking out and seeing the sheer size and scale of it all was really awesome.

Pity we didn't get past the totems bit but I hope you guys managed to do it.

Bit disappointed with the loot we got, all that bloody running back and forth with the runes and we got 1/20th of a piece of loot. Ah well, can't complain.

Hopefully you guys got some phat lewtz!

banlol.png

It was a top effort last night. Felt like we did loads so personally for me it was a great experience as well as being the first for me.

Top quality effort on the totems and then the Warpriest. Lots of co-ordination and it was there last night. This raid is clearly on another level than VoG and Crota.

We got to the ogre and I fatigue set in as well as needing more time to practice. Not insurmountable by any means though.

Forum Signature Test.png

Finished the totem relay race and also the warpriest. I think a couple of us got drops, the rest was engrams. No major drop to speak of that i can remember. Gary lagged out at the last second on the warpriest but managed to load in just in time to get a reward.

Loved doing it all over again yesterday. The relay race was so much slicker this time around and didn't seem as much of a cluster fuck as it was before!!

Warpriest will be easier when you all know the ropes a bit better. But the first few times we failed hard!!

Had a very quick bash a golgoroth afterwards and it looks like this could be a tough fight. Some weird mechanics in there that need to be manipulated correctly and as a team. We'll see a bit more of that next time no doubt

Good games from everyone last night!

It was both interesting and frustrating at times but once we get the coordination and the mechanics down it won't be too bad.

I did lag out but it was only another shard so I have 5.

I did pick up the 300 light ghost shell once I realised there was a chest when I dropped back in.

We gave to give thanks to that fireman dude.

Good to take a few new people through the early part of the raid last night. I feel like i've got a good grasp on all the early bits now. I need a bit more with Warpriest to be totally comfortable. However I'm still clueless (in practice) on Golgoroth, i get the theory, but i just haven't had the chance to have a good bash at it

Even though we didn't get as far as we'd have hoped, I still enjoyed last night immensely. In the beginning, when I was rushing ahead of everyone (apologies once again, was just messing around, won't happen again) you guys all got a drop and I didn't - it was in my mailbox so I didn't miss out, worth keeping in mind. I've seriously got to get my study on as my first assignment is due on the 20th but I'd still love to do the maze with you guys. It's far and away my favourite bit of any raid so far.

banlol.png