What are you listening to right now?

BO7H B4RRELS

11 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

One of the first albums I bought. Got it from my mum’s mail order catalogue when I was 15. I remember vinyl records, those were the days, warped if you weren’t careful, lovely analogue sound, bloody digital “streaming”, mumble, mutter, mumble....

It's not even a discussion, vinyl and analogue piss all over digital music 🙂

I do use Spotify and they are supposed to be upping the quality of the streams at some point but they'll never be able to sound as good.

I have a record player, an old Kenwood amp and a few hundred vinyl records still, so will occasionally annoy the neighbours with the superior sound 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's not even a discussion, vinyl and analogue piss all over digital music 🙂

I do use Spotify and they are supposed to be upping the quality of the streams at some point but they'll never be able to sound as good.

I have a record player, an old Kenwood amp and a few hundred vinyl records still, so will occasionally annoy the neighbours with the superior sound 😁

My best mates dad used to have an amp and big Wharfdale speakers. 

We used to raid his Lp collection and listen to all sorts of excellent music. 

Everything from Deep Purple,  Led Zeppelin, Bowie,  Bob Marley,  The Clash,  Aerosmith,  Van Halen and hundreds more. 

We were about 10 or 11 and all the other kids in School were listening to Spice Girls,  Peter Andre and Now that's what I call music cassettes. 

Looking back it's me and my mates introduction to decent music and we will always be thankful for that. 😎

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

My best mates dad used to have an amp and big Wharfdale speakers. 

We used to raid his Lp collection and listen to all sorts of excellent music. 

Everything from Deep Purple,  Led Zeppelin, Bowie,  Bob Marley,  The Clash,  Aerosmith,  Van Halen and hundreds more. 

We were about 10 or 11 and all the other kids in School were listening to Spice Girls,  Peter Andre and Now that's what I call music cassettes. 

Looking back it's me and my mates introduction to decent music and we will always be thankful for that. 😎

Yeah man, I didn't discover music until I was about 14 and found out there was a whole world of music to explore, thanks mostly to a mate at school.

Such pleasure, music is one of the best things human beings do. Even the shit music I hate😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

When @Rumelylady and I were planning our wedding, we had a very 50s theme going for the invitations.  When we went looking for a specific song to accompany it, as well as the general theme for the wedding, we went to Post Modern Jukebox and found this unique cover of a song I didn't really care for until I heard this version.  Still love this one.  I'd also recommend checking out some of the other arrangements they;ve done for other popular songs over the years.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

50 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

When @Rumelylady and I were planning our wedding, we had a very 50s theme going for the invitations.  When we went looking for a specific song to accompany it, as well as the general theme for the wedding, we went to Post Modern Jukebox and found this unique cover of a song I didn't really care for until I heard this version.  Still love this one.  I'd also recommend checking out some of the other arrangements they;ve done for other popular songs over the years.  

PMJ are pretty awesome at what they do. 

My personal favourites of theirs is Gangsta's Paradise and Pinky and the Brain theme song.  👍

Cock Sparrer (cockney sparrow) are the kings of underground punk, streetpunk and Oi! Music for punks and skins and more famous outside the UK than in blighty, I'm going to their 50th anniversary at Camden Roundhouse in a couple of weeks, can't wait.

Here's a cover of one of their songs by guys from the other side of the world.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've been listening to Killer Be Killed lately.  The bass player from Mastadon is one of the front men for the band.  I really love this guys voice.  Reminds me so much of Lemmy.

I've been listening to Mastodons latest release Hushed & Grim lately.  The band recently lost their manager, who played a huge part in their lives, to cancer and the album is basically a tribute to him.  Lyrically, it's everywhere in the album, and musically, there's so much emotion in a lot of the songs that conveys how they've dealt with it.  The song "More then I Can Chew" really has an Alice in Chains vibe to it that hooked me from the first note.