5 Easy Steps to Quit Destiny

DarkArch3typ3

1) Rage - something upset you and drove you to quit this stupid ugly game. -blam!- Bungie and their -blam!-ing stupid pixels.

2) Bash destiny as much as you can. There's no story bro. Witcher 3 has more content in one pinky than all of destiny combined! Leisure suite Larry has more story. That scrapped ET game had better story.

3) Withdrawal - this is where you always think about destiny but you are still pissed about the event that drove you away. You try to rationalize the reasons to which you quit.

4) Acceptance - in this phase, you play other games. Don't really think about destiny at all, and frankly, you begin enjoying other games. Destiny isn't even as good as Witcher 3 or Mass effect 3 multiplayer. You don't need Destiny =D

5) Phase 5....Play Destiny. =S

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know man...been thinking about battlefield especially with the new dlc and patch but bloody destiny keeps drawing me back simply because of playing with people but I ain't grinding like I used to.

But really it's not about the game or the drops or any of that. It's about you guys. I enjoy playing with a group.

Then convince your group to play something else!

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Why? When we all play destiny and for the most part enjoy it.

Destiny actually brought this community together.

Because he said it's not about the game and a week or so ago I recall him posting that he had had it and needed a break. Not the kinds of things one says about a game they love playing. Wouldn't you agree?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Because he said it's not about the game and a week or so ago I recall him posting that he had had it and needed a break. Not the kinds of things one says about a game they love playing. Wouldn't you agree?

We get it J, you hate the game... :) Myself??? I would rather play Destiny and deal with the grind, then go back and play some ancient 10 year old video game... But hey, that's me...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

Yet the next day Chris was back on playing and I actually brought up what he said about not playing and taking a break...Can't remember what his reply was but he's played plenty since...

I would agree on it being a short break :)

Yet the next day Chris was back on playing and I actually brought up what he said about not playing and taking a break...Can't remember what his reply was but he's played plenty since...

I would agree on it being a short break :)

I was in a pissed off mood at work and on the fourth day of this diet and it had gotten to me.

@Owl all along I've said this game is about the social aspect of it. If everyone else moved to another game so would I,looking at you Battlefront,problem is nothing is as fun as a group.

No one likes it when something they love gets criticized, I get that, but 'a' I don’t hate Destiny and never said as much and 'b' this is a thread titled 5 steps to quitting Destiny that I didn’t even start. In a thread about quitting Destiny, I suggested Chris try to get his friends to play something else. Is that in any way out of line, off topic, or being overly critical of the game?

The game has got issues, major issues, and I’ll be the first to point them out, but Bungie got a lot of things right as well. For the most part, I enjoyed my time playing Destiny and feel like I more than got my money’s worth. I’ve got no reason to take pot shots at it. I want people to play whatever makes them happy. Sure I'd like to see people come over to ME3 ( which is 3 years old, not 10 BTW ;) ), but who doesn't want to convince their friends to play the games they like?

I want more people to play Minecraft! (Or Torchlight 2, or Civilization!)

Also, I bought MW3 to play with you guys

Also, I bought ME3 for the Ps3 to play with a few of you guys (I should actually be on tonight to learn the controls)

Also, I bought Diablo 3 to play with a few non-forum friends

Destiny just happens to be the current prized whore for the Forum.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I played some mw3 bees the other day, got my ass handed to me, but it was fun. I have BO1 and BO2 as well. I may have other multiplayer shit in my collection I don't even remember. KZ Shadowfall kind of sucks, so forget that. I still have Bad Company 2, but last I played it was impossible to get an even half full lobby.

I don't have a gaming rig, so you're out of luck on those other ones Bart.

The Last of Us multiplayer is good, very intense, but steep learning curve and extremely lethal if you're used to vanilla cod/battlefield.

I enjoyed ME3 what little I played and am looking forward to a new one along with other games but from all the new games that has came out in the past years most have been a complete bust so I'm sticking to what I know for now. Until I pick up Witcher 3