19th May Release - HoW First Impressions

GazzaGarratt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one gripe so far

I don't enjoy running an instance "backwards" when we could have just had new instances. They did this in Crota and it was silly, it is still silly

Thats my only gripe though so far

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I agree 100%, Bart.  

I'm so sick of seeing the same places.  I enjoyed that mission in that it was challenging, but it was the same fucking place I've been running around since launch.  I thought new missions would mean new levels, not just the same fucking levels run backwards with the same fucking enemies, but with shields.  SMH.  I want to see shit I haven't already seen a thousand times.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I agree 100%, Bart.

I'm so sick of seeing the same places. I enjoyed that mission in that it was challenging, but it was the same fucking place I've been running around since launch. I thought new missions would mean new levels, not just the same fucking levels run backwards with the same fucking enemies, but with shields. SMH. I want to see shit I haven't already seen a thousand times.

Buy Destiny 2...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

I'm so sick of seeing the same places. I enjoyed that mission in that it was challenging, but it was the same fucking place I've been running around since launch. I thought new missions would mean new levels, not just the same fucking levels run backwards with the same fucking enemies, but with shields. SMH. I want to see shit I haven't already seen a thousand times.

I can totally understand where you are coming from. But for some reason it doesn't seem to bother me at the moment. I guess all the DLC packs i bought for CoD kinda desensitised me to what we should actually expect. I can only hope that they are looking at that aspect for when Comet comes out later this year. For the meantime, i'm more than happy with what we've got.

Also, not one mention of Trials of Osiris yet! I've really enjoyed the PvP aspect of this game as well, so another game mode that focuses on winning and good gear sounds pretty interesting too.

Overall this expansion is miles above and beyond the last one. Do we maybe expect too much sometimes?

This expansion puts dark below to shame loved it so far but I've never downloaded a dlc and sudden felt like a complete noob again,more to delve into but so far really like it.

One thought now seems way too much to do on all 3 guardians and have some sort of life....probably how it should be.

I can totally understand where you are coming from. But for some reason it doesn't seem to bother me at the moment. I guess all the DLC packs i bought for CoD kinda desensitised me to what we should actually expect. I can only hope that they are looking at that aspect for when Comet comes out later this year. For the meantime, i'm more than happy with what we've got.

Also, not one mention of Trials of Osiris yet! I've really enjoyed the PvP aspect of this game as well, so another game mode that focuses on winning and good gear sounds pretty interesting too.

Overall this expansion is miles above and beyond the last one. Do we maybe expect too much sometimes?

I think we all do...:)

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

Not at all. From the sounds of it, the gaming is finally approaching what it should have been straight out of the gate. But... No matter how good HoW is, bungie still hasn't provided the "living world, with events we may not even anticipate" that they promised. Far from it. There is nothing living or dynamic about the world of Destiny. Aside from modifiers, every place you go and everything you do is exactly as it was the time before.

Which is fine in and of itself, I got no problem with static game worlds. But it's not how Destiny was billed, and not what I thought I was buying.

Long answer to your short question of: do we expect too much?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I wish, I really, really wish, you guys could see what you get in a DLC in WoW.

Even to this day, Destiny, including all DLC to date, doesn#t have as much content as one DLC in WoW.

Oh and theyre cheaper too. I suppose that's what you can expect when you pay a monthly sub though.

banlol.png

Which is fine in and of itself, I got no problem with static game worlds. But it's not how Destiny was billed, and not what I thought I was buying.

I think i'm in the same boat as you as far as the game delivered vs the game they sold. The vanilla game was a dissapointment in that aspect. However i'm just looking at what they are delivering now in expanding the experience. I know i like what they've done, but to quantify if that makes it a good purchase? I guess that comes down to hours played vs cost in my book. Other people will have other metrics and that's cool. But for the £80 i've spent on this game, i've already more that got my money's worth. Should i have had more to experience for the £80, possibly.

I was a bit underwhelmed with the story missions. Running the missions backwards as stated above, yada yada. I still love Omnigal the best.

However, I really enjoyed the PoE, look forward to trying ToO and love love love how I can cash in things for material that I actually need. It's a step in the right direction.

I wish, I really, really wish, you guys could see what you get in a DLC in WoW.

Even to this day, Destiny, including all DLC to date, doesn#t have as much content as one DLC in WoW.

Oh and theyre cheaper too. I suppose that's what you can expect when you pay a monthly sub though.

So much this, it isn't even funny.

It is one of my largest gripes about Destiny. It is also why I despise all "news" articles or Op-Ed's glorifying Destiny. There are basically WoW articles rewritten.

Not at all. From the sounds of it, the gaming is finally approaching what it should have been straight out of the gate. But... No matter how good HoW is, bungie still hasn't provided the "living world, with events we may not even anticipate" that they promised. Far from it. There is nothing living or dynamic about the world of Destiny. Aside from modifiers, every place you go and everything you do is exactly as it was the time before.

Long answer to your short question of: do we expect too much?

Honestly, as decent as this Expansion is; You have chosen wisely.

I enjoy destiny as it is a way to run around and shoot things after a shitty day at work. I don't know the story, or the mechanics, and the only real enjoyment I get is watching Dave suicide nonstop. Other than that I love grouping with the rest of you and will always help out. 

We have a huge # of options for Mulitplayer games currently; for me, destiny is only a choice because of the number of people that play it, and the speed with which I can get a few things handled

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The funny thing is, I desperately want to love Destiny. I'll dabble in the near future here, but I've been having so much fun playing me3 with leper, doc, Nev, and hector, that it's tough to break away. Though I was going to play mw3 with bees but he stood me up. :(

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

After seeing what this thread has said it has to be down to eveyones expectations. I didn't have any cos i was just getting back into gaming and didn't see the build up, so no expectations dashed.

IMO, most (i said most, not all!) current needs of gamers, like us lot, want 2 things broadly; multiplayer and choice.

Destiny gives that, now more than ever (coupled with its simple gameplay). I wouldn't play this if I wasn't lucky enough to find the FG clan through stretch - 4 workmates raved about this, loved it and quickly stopped playing cos they didn't appreciate the 2 aspects above.

It'd be great if you got brand new scenery each time DLC come out, amazing graphics, new enemies, etc but thats not the gaming world now. WoW can't be compared to this - its made in such a different way and in an era that we got too used to getting more for your base game. Look at other games now and they are v.similar.

TLDR: Original expectations never met, we all want MP and choice - Destiny is simple and gives that (now after this ex pack)

Forum Signature Test.png

The levels feel a bit drag and drop.  Throw some scenery in, use that previous level backwards, spawn enemies here here and here.  done.

Hand that over to a mod community and watch an entire universe unfold infront of you.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

The levels feel a bit drag and drop. Throw some scenery in, use that previous level backwards, spawn enemies here here and here. done.

Hand that over to a mod community and watch an entire universe unfold infront of you.

Get your point but that's not how console games work, not right now anyway. Most games re-use content and luckily for Destiny there will be a new world eventually via the next planet.

Forum Signature Test.png

Whilst it see where you're going with that. I played an MMO called city of heroes/villains for years. After being out for a very long time and people complaining of lack of content and saying they could do better, the devs finally gave in and released an update which gave you full cteative control to make your own storyline, missions, characters, the works.

It was awesome to begin with. The amount of content doubled if not tripled overnight. But that was the beginning of the end of that game, therr was too much content. People stopped giving a shit about the lore of the actual game and just devised power levelling scenarios to min/max their toons asap. The good content was hidden in a massive pile of crap. And the original story didn't seem to matter. The game no longer had the welcoming easy going feel to it anymore which alienated new and old players. Basically it was the beginning of the end of the game and eventually went the way of the dodo.

There's no doubt this game needs more content, but it has to be done right otherwise this world and lore they've built could all be for nothing.