I've seen a number of people in various threads asking for help with raids and I started thinking - why don't we start an organised raid school?

If we had a simple structure where, if you're interested in raids, you start with the VoG on normal. Do that until you're really comfortable with it and can do all the strategies then move on to hard mode. Rinse and repeat with that then, CE normal, then CE hard

If the guys like Stretch, Crispy, Techno, etc who are now trying to do VoG flawless can teach people like me Mazzer, Gary, etc the VoG normal so we're really good then we can take over teaching normal while learning hard and so on

It would probably be a 2-3 hour session at a time so a regular Saturday or Sunday afternoon may be better and also wouldn't impinge on evening gaming sessions

I've put my thoughts out on a UK basis for time zone reasons only but all would be welcome or possibly start another one on American time zones

Any thoughts people?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally with it Dave. Just a few thoughts...

Timing may be difficult for me to help in the afternoons as i have the kids around me. If I'm honest it may be even easier if we people register their name here with the bit/raid they want to learn e.g. holding the relic, templar, etc.

If they can also put times when they are on I'd rather work around them; they might not be able to afternoons. [emoji4]

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Yep good idea Gazza - I only put the afternoon down so it didn't put a downer on peoples regular gaming

My problems with VoG is map awareness (need to run it multiple times to get it to sink in), relic holding and remembering strategies...........and staying alive! :)

I'm totally down for helping out on this, but as with Lee, afternoons are pretty much a no go due to family commitments. But i will quite happily dedicate as much time as is needed on this, as in the long run it will save everybody time and hassle. Getting checkpoints of the specific points will be the only bit slowing the thing down

The biggest tip I can give is don't be afraid to fuck up. Running the relic is high pressure, and death usually equals a wipe. I'm happy to run the relic because I practiced and failed and the guys were cool about it.

Be ammo aware. I never usually need a synth on vog. If you use a machine gun avoid picking up a purple if you've only used 5 bullets. Remember where they are and go back when you need them. If you stand on a purple and fire one bullet, the pickup is used and you get one bullet.

Something I've started doing is calling out who is going to use a super. Nothing more annoying than smashing the ground full of already dead enemy.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Relic is fine, but best to practise at the Templar stage

This! Once you understand the basics of the relic all the other sections start to fall into place.

Also using the relic helps you understand why it's important to know where you and your team mates are on cleansing phases as a non-relic carrier.

I should be on this tonight, hopefully about 7.00pm GMT.... I think PlumbRodders may be about as well as Gary and Mazzer and possibly Jo a bit later... so that's 7 or 8 of us.....may even get two separate raids running!