Game recommendations?

Palle

Hey everyone. As some of you might have noticed, I've been pretty absent from these forums and I haven't done much but watching Netflix while using my PS3. That's right, no PS4 for me yet...

I recently picked up GTA V and I enjoy playing it again. I lose interest pretty fast though, mostly because it lacks new content and the heists never come out. I need variety and a couple of new guns/vehicles won't cut it. I would be prepared to pay for larger DLC packs with a bit of everything to keep the game alive and interesting but it doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon.

So, what do I do?

Can't say I've played a lot of games compared to some other people but here are some of the ones I like. Mostly "sandbox" type of games I guess

GTA Vice City

Devil May Cry

Bioshock

Skyrim

Minecraft

GTA V

Far Cry 3

I have been thinking about getting Destiny for a while, though I've noticed a lot of disappointment in the game...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "disappointment" is over-rated.  A majority of this forum is hooked on the game.  But, I will say, I think a large part of that is because we enjoy playing it in a party.  So, it might not be as fun if you're going at it solo all the time.  

Have you played Red Dead Redemption?  It's a sandbox type of game set in the Wild West era.  

Saints Row series

Just Cause series

Fallout

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

^ Excellent suggestions - until you spend an hour in Read Dead and get killed by a bear and loose everything you just did. :lol:

On Saints Row. I beat the shit out of IV over Christmas break. The second time I've gone through it. Can't get enough. 3 is OK but IV with the superpowers is too much fun! Never played 1-2.

Some suggestions: (Not all sandbox and you may have played a few already but...)

Prototype 2

Tomb Raider (2013)

Mafia II

Shadow Warrior (2013)

Burnout Paradise

Max Payne 3

Darksiders (Own 1&2, haven't played yet. Hack and slash is fun though!)

Crysis 2

Far Cry 4

Batman Arkham City/Origins

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

On the side. I've only played Just Cause 2, it's a great game but it takes fucking FOREVER to get where you need to go. FOREVER! :unsure:

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Motherfucking Dark Souls.

lol you're caning that the last couple of days, well DS2, I can only play about an hour at a time before I have to go find my inner being and calm down :P

Kent, other than the games already posted I'd suggest Mass Effect, at least the first two incarnations, they're bloody brilliant :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

lol you're caning that the last couple of days, well DS2, I can only play about an hour at a time before I have to go find my inner being and calm down :P

Kent, other than the games already posted I'd suggest Mass Effect, at least the first two incarnations, they're bloody brilliant :)

Once you know what you'redoing it becomes a much easier game. I look at it no different to Skyrim now  :lol:  :lol:

Mass Effect is also awesome. +1

Some great choices there from everyone :)

If you like GTA, Red Dead Redemption is an amazing sandbox game - basically GTA in the wild west . Saints Row 1-3 are more of a semi-serious GTA but are exceptionally good fun and offer some hilarious gameplay moments and customisation depth. Mass Effect 1-3 offer an astonishing story and hundreds of hours of play time and the Batman games are like playing in a movie. 

Although it's not a sandbox title; The Last of Us is one of the greatest games I've ever played. Plenty of choices for you to explore though Kent.

Really liking the suggestions so far! Can't believe I forgot about Fallout and the Mass Effect series... Also a big fan of Dead Space, so if you have any good horror game suggestions they're welcome too!

I'm a bit undecided whether I'm going to get a PS4 or a PC. I'm leaning towards the latter, though. What are some great games you would recommend on those systems?

I'm a bit undecided whether I'm going to get a PS4 or a PC. I'm leaning towards the latter, though. What are some great games you would recommend on those systems?

I'm pro PC. It will be more upfront cost wise but what you save in game prices and monthly subscriptions pays for it over time. More people are on consoles here so if you like to play/connect with us its not the best. Picking up bundles here and there for 1 to 10 bucks grows your library very fast and gets you playing games you'd never even consider trying out. Then theres not paying at all for games but I just got a spat of global amnesia and forgot what I was typing about :blink: Good luck!

I really have to try out Mass Effect.

On the horror games:

I've been wanting to play Alan Wake.

Dead Effect

The Evil Within (isn't as good as I thought it would be)

Alien: Isolation

The Metro and Fear games.

State of Decay

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (not really horror but its awesome)

Alone in the Dark (No controller support on PC :()

Condemned

Dead Space is better than all of them combined IMO but... :lol:

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Really liking the suggestions so far! Can't believe I forgot about Fallout and the Mass Effect series... Also a big fan of Dead Space, so if you have any good horror game suggestions they're welcome too!

The Fallout games are incredible on the PC due to Mods.

A few more suggestions which I should add:

The Witcher

Day Z

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Mount and Blade: Warband

Planetside 2

Heroes and Generals

Civilizaton 5

Xcom: Enemy Unknown

The Total War series is one of my favourite ever gaming series. It seems to be hit and miss with other people though. If you have time to look into the games you can easily fall in love with them.

I'd probably get a PC as there are thousands of games to choose from and all cheaper by a mile. I'd get a PS4 definitely sometime down the line when they are cheaper and there are a bigger selection of games available. I got mine a year ago and even to this day; I still feel like I jumped the gun by getting it so soon. I've saved about £300 on PC games already the past 12 months so it's definitely worth exploring getting a PC. 

Destiny is a great game! For the first few months that is. You'll definitely get your money's worth. Most of the people who play here have already put in well over 200 hours. It's. Great time to come in because by the time you get somewhere near the end of this content the house of wolves will drop. But be cautious, it's all our grind and random drops.

Far cry 4

i just picked up infamous first light when it was free on the ps4. It's a pretty good game. Open world and you ha e super powers.

As someone mentioned Civilization 5 if you like turn based strategy. It's my favorite game. You can easily sink in over 20 hours and not finish one match!

Borderlands 2

Mass Effect series. Easily my favorite game.

Fallout