Patch notes 12/1/14

TigerBurge

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.1 : The one about Exotics. And the Raid!

Today's patch includes the long-awaited arrival of Exotics weapon buffs, additional acquisition paths for destination upgrade materials, along with additional changes to exotic gear node upgrading in preparation for the soon-to-be-released expansion, The Dark Below. We're also correcting issues induced by our more recent update to the Raid.

Weapons

Exotics

Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!

General

In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade

The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard

Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:

Dismantling unwanted Exotics

Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins

Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

Thorn

Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact

Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets

Reload Speed increased

Magazine Size increased

Ammo inventory size increased

Stability and Weapon Handling increased

Bad Juju

Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)

Ammo inventory size increased

String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill

Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle

Hard Light

Stability increased

Perfect Balance upgrade replaced by Fitted Stock (increases maximum possible weapon Stability)

Suros Regime

Lowered total damage at the end of the mag on SUROS Regime upgrade to be more in line with the Glass Half Full perk on Legendary Auto Rifles

Monte Carlo

Stability increased

Range slightly decreased

Monte Carlo Method upgrade now also has a chance to fully charge melee ability on kill

MIDA Multi-Tool

MIDA rounds now have increased knockback against targets in both PvE and PvP

Hawkmoon

Send It upgrade (which was redundant) replaced by Speed Reload

Red Death

Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate

Plan C

Weapon Handling speed increased

Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand

Pocket Infinity

Speed Reload upgrade replaced by Extended Clip which allows the option to increase magazine size (5 bursts)

Vex Mythoclast

Attack Power increased to 323 (from 300)

Base Damage increased, fixing bug we introduced in previous patch

Enhanced Battery upgrade by Extended Mag (this change still allows for a significant upgrade to Magazine Size, but less than before)

Invective

Reload Speed increased significantly, auto fires slightly slower

Ice Breaker

Send It upgrade replaced by Lightweight (which was redundant as Icebreaker already had maximum range) 

New effects for enemies killed by Ice Breaker upgrade

Patience and Time

Snapshot upgrade replaced by Custom Optics (provides a lower zoom option)

Super Good Advice

Stability increased

Truth

Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)

Activities

Raid

Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates

Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform

Daily Heroic Story

Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic

Bounties

Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty 

Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty 

Vendors

Reduced Cryptarch reputation gain from Engrams, but reputation reward packages now have an increased chance for Legendary Engrams

Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower

Xur now sells a new material, Exotic Shards, to upgrade the final node of Exotics for 7 Strange Coins

Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors

Technical

Networking fixes, which should reduce the instance of the Bee family of KTOs

Fixed an issue in which using Xbox One party chat induced a slower frame rate

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Awesome stuff being able to buy materials now. Totally saved me a few nights of farming

Also good buffs in there as well as the stealth nerf to Suros :(

At leasr it's good to see them do something as big as this, this close to the DLC

Good stuff.

I don't quite get the reasoning behind the Exotic Shard business; I guess it's supposed to make Exotics easier to upgrade? Weapon buffs sound perfect. The nerf to Suros I'm sure is driven by data they have regarding its performance in PvP, so I'll just trust their judgment on that one. I really wish they'd have implemented a system to buy upgrade materials with glimmer, but this is certainly an improvement (though truth be told, I don't mind material farming at all, I actually find it relaxing). I also hope they'll address the non-rotating inventory at all of the faction vendors. There's no reason at all the inventory can't reshuffle occasionally according to the rules they already have in place for drop/gift versions of weapons.

On the whole though, good job Bungie, keep it up.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

A few things about this patch as of less than an hour playing:

The Sword of Crota stuff is decent, but after I pick up the sword, can I have my sensitivity setting back please?

Bad JuJu is actually usable now, still leveling it though. 

The new upgrade system seems cool, might have to fleece Xur for all those exotic shard thingies when he rocks up again.

banlol.png

I've had the sword about 5 times now.  It was fun at first, but now it just seems kind of empty.  I kill the dude, take his sword, kill his buddies... but then what?  It's just for fun, or is there a goal/reward tied in with it?  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png