Leveling up new characters?

Beans1123

Anyone fancy helping leveling up some of their own characters? I only ever had 1 main warlock and fancy making some new ones. I just started and got a level 3 hunter.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same position and wants to do some quick missions together to speed things up? Add me Beans1123 on PSN :)

Cheers,

Matt

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lowbie just hit level 11, but if I am on I will group up.

I am going to roll another Titan or a Hunter here soon, just can't decide which. I meant to ask Jsin, his thoughts on it for min/ maxing

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I am going to roll another Titan or a Hunter here soon, just can't decide which. I meant to ask Jsin, his thoughts on it for min/ maxing

Just my view but i love Titan class. Defender in the VoG, striker in PvP.

....but i know hunters specials are so good in PvP it's annoyingly unfair (and golden gun does the job with oracles)

Forum Signature Test.png

Yea I love my titan, I exclusively run Defender with Weapons of Light. 

Sadly everyone runs from my bubble when I drop it. 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Classes in order of preference:

1) Warlock

2) Titan

3) Hunter

If getting to level 30 is something you want to accomplish sooner rather than later, then I recomend making a second of whatever your primary class is. In your case, that would be two Titans I guess? That lets you share one set of level 28/29 armor between and run the Raid twice a week as a Titan, doubling your chances of getting Titan raid gear to drop.

Hunters I have no use for, though I maintain one. It was my fist character. He's a 28 now and I have one piece of Raid gear for him. I keep him around as a change of pace and because he's already geared up to level 28 it's another NIghtfall/Raid worthy character. Plus you never know what the Hunter's third sublcass will be like, could be awesome.

Why I no likey the Hunter:

Gunslinger:

Throwing Knife is fun but relatively ineffective. So you can precision melee from a distance, bid deal, you can also precision shoot from a distance. It doesn't give you a useful buff like Warlock and Titan melees. If you miss, that's it, you get no benefit and have to wait for the TK to recharge. If you miss with a Warlock or Titan special melee, it doesn't set off and remains available. Knife Juggler is fun versus trash, but again, not effective when SHTF.

Golden Gun is crap. Ice Breaker does substantially more damage. Buzzkill. Yeah, Imma dump my super on this mofo, here it comes *bam* *bam* *bam* ...wait... that just did less damage then when I was sniping him... -_-

The Gunslinger's best abilities are Chain of Woe and Gunslinger's Trance which improve reload speed and stability with each precision kill, stacking up to 3 times. This is incredibly amazing for Hand Cannons and Scout Rifles, and as a HC lover, it pretty much makes up for the class's deficiencies.

Bladedancer:

PvE = Suicicde

Both the Bladedancer's super and special melee put you in the face of your enemy, unfortunately, the Hunter is ultra squishy. Arc Blade is totally worthless versus boss enemies unless your goal is to die; it's decent versus trash but will leave you very exposed when time rounds out.

In PvP it's a good class, though unlike everyone else, I do not believe it's overpowered. That said, I still prefer Warlock or Titan in PvP.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Saw this tip over on the Bungie forums.

Blue engrams decrypt based on the class that turns them in, not the class that found them. So you can stash away those useless blues for your alt to turn in and have a full set of blue gear ready to go when you're leveled high enough.

Saw this tip over on the Bungie forums.

Blue engrams decrypt based on the class that turns them in, not the class that found them. So you can stash away those useless blues for your alt to turn in and have a full set of blue gear ready to go when you're leveled high enough.

Most of us have decent gear ready to go when we hit 20 but good to know to fill any gaps.

subjective...:) I prefer the helm of inmost light myself...:)

That's your opinion, but know that your wrong. Lol

Just joking.

For reals though the armatarium is probably the best all around piece, not tied to anyone class.

The helm of innermost light is best for a striker. The helm of Saint 14 for defender. The armatarium for all around usefulness. Imo.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

That's your opinion, but know that your wrong. Lol

Just joking.

For reals though the armatarium is probably the best all around piece, not tied to anyone class.

The helm of innermost light is best for a striker. The helm of Saint 14 for defender. The armatarium for all around usefulness. Imo.

the chest piece is dfinitely a must have in the future that's for sure... great perks... but I just love that helmet...:)

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg