Advanced Warfare Gameplay Footage

J4MES OX4D

Do you know what, fuck it. I said I wasn't going to be excited but I am. I wanted to play Titanfall because it was different and it's quite nice to see COD go down a similar route. I love the way COD feels so if it can keep that movement and finally be refreshing and different, all the better. The maps are colourful, there seems to be plenty of gun choices and customisation, good game modes have returned, they've also been engaged with eSports well before now (yes, I like COD eSports). The movement looks more balanced when watching actual game plays and not the trailers which looks like they're swinging around like monkeys.

On a negative note. Dead Silence is a fucking must. Cloak (or invisibilty) looks not so good but there's apparently a counter for everything so won't judge that one. Yet.

On a negative note. Dead Silence is a fucking must. Cloak (or invisibilty) looks not so good but there's apparently a counter for everything so won't judge that one. Yet.

In the trailer the guy sometimes uses a scanner thingy that turns stuff red which I'm guessing will detect cloaked players.

In the trailer the guy sometimes uses a scanner thingy that turns stuff red which I'm guessing will detect cloaked players.

It seems pretty balance from another video I saw. You only get a small amount of time to be cloaked and you're not totally invisible.

Hopefully that scope does show them up. That might be the new thermal scope maybe?

What I saw looked like Crysis 3 meets CoD. The jumping, shields, melee and invisibility were all available in Crysis but the were not overpowered because they had a limit and drained energy. 

I'm still on the fence with any CoD.  I've gotten rather bored with Video games lately. Even destiny got repetitive pretty quickly. I'll wait to see the user reviews. 

I believe that was the smart grenade that detects players. 

Thermal is also a cloaking counter. Cloaked players are easy to spot on the eye too by the look of things and if you shoot them whilst cloaked; they'll be exposed just like in Titanfall. 

Love the reload action on that sniper rifle!!

The pistol thing he used as well looks like it could be very OP considering some of the ranges he was getting one hit kills but im sure things like that will be adjusted.

Weapon sounds sound meh but it not really one of the things im concerned about in the grand scheme of things.

Im desperately trying not to get suckered into the hype again this year...but i do have a little smile on my face im not going to lie. Hopefully this game lives up to the expectation of everyone after most people considered Ghost a fall back from BO2

APmVvKG.gif

Sniper gameplay from Daniel Kross (I think he's better known as Darth Kross but I might have that wrong):

There's a one shot, one kill pistol. Looked OP in Jahova's video but you need to reload after every shot, seems balanced. Sniping looks pretty fun.

The pistol thing he used as well looks like it could be very OP considering some of the ranges he was getting one hit kills but im sure things like that will be adjusted.

I was a bit worried about but it's only got one bullet then you need to reload (someone called it a rail-gun). So if you miss, you're screwed, nice balance I think.

The whole thing has a very Black Ops 2 look to it. Which is cool, but surprising since SH previously worked on IW games.

Black Ops 2 was a very polished futuristic representation with a varied colour pallet, slick menus, tidy UI and well-organised HUD. Ghosts looked dated, had dreary textures and a very bleak backdrop along with a weak interpretation of the near future. The menus were bland and unspectacular and the HUD was a cluttered mess. I'm glad Sledgehammer have taken the positives of the recent games along with their own ideas on presentation and their understanding of what the future can hold.

Not a whiff of the new IW or Ghosts is a hugely encouraging and bodes well for AW.