Another officer on my department killed in the line of duty

Wish I had something insightful to say, best I can do is give you a virtual pat on the back. *pat, pat* Know that the work you and your brothers do is greatly appreciated. He knew the risks, and yet served his community anyway. I hope that when time starts to blunt their sadness that his family doesn't feel bitter, but proud.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Doc, so sorry for the senseless loss. I literally have sat at my desk shaking my head after I've read these articles. It's so saddening. My best to you and your brothers and sisters that protect and serve during this tragic time. My condolences.

Sorry to hear about your loss Doc, these sorts of things seem more and more common. I just don't understand how someone could ever want to hurt someone let alone end their life? Stay safe!

Sorry to hear about your loss Doc, these sorts of things seem more and more common. I just don't understand how someone could ever want to hurt someone let alone end their life? Stay safe!

It's easy.  You raise someone to have no respect for life or property, teach them that they are takers and everyone else is prey, and then back it up with a toothless criminal justice system that reinforces their beliefs that there are no consequences for their actions.  They are not deterred by jail, its a badge of honor.

Both the carrot and the stick are much too small at this point.  There needs to be help for those who will take it and an execution for those who won't.

It's easy.  You raise someone to have no respect for life or property, teach them that they are takers and everyone else is prey, and then back it up with a toothless criminal justice system that reinforces their beliefs that there are no consequences for their actions.  They are not deterred by jail, its a badge of honor.

Both the carrot and the stick are much too small at this point.  There needs to be help for those who will take it and an execution for those who won't.

Exactly. And the sad thing is I honestly don't know if we will live long enough to ever see it change back to a time of respect and value for others lives. Mainly because society has made these type of people over the past few decades worth of no values or morals and letting people think they are the center of everything, and no one else matters. It's something that has taken place over the past 25 yrs or so and it will most likely just get worse before/if it ever gets better. Sad indeed.

Did he have a family (wife & kids) at all doc?

Exactly. And the sad thing is I honestly don't know if we will live long enough to ever see it change back to a time of respect and value for others lives. Mainly because society has made these type of people over the past few decades worth of no values or morals and letting people think they are the center of everything, and no one else matters. It's something that has taken place over the past 25 yrs or so and it will most likely just get worse before/if it ever gets better. Sad indeed.

Did he have a family (wife & kids) at all doc?

Wife, no children as far as I know.

was scrolling across my newsfeeds when I saw the names

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/154582-family-cop-killer-officer-stayed-car-wouldnt-shot/

-----------------------------

The family of a man who used a semi-automatic rifle to kill an Indianapolis police officer Saturday night says it isn’t fair that the alleged shooter – Major Davis, Jr. – should “keep being dragged through the mud.” They also blamed the officer for not staying in his police car.

As reported by WISH-TV, Davis was seen brandishing a semi-automatic rifle Saturday night in Indianapolis, which led to a 911 call that dispatched police to look for him:

When IMPD Officer Perry Renn found Davis at 34th Street and Forest Manor Avenue, Davis opened fire on Officer Renn. Davis was critically wounded in the gunfight, but survived. Officer Renn died of wounds sustained in the firefight. Davis now faces a charge of murder.

Davis’ family has now spoken out about the murder – and basically blamed Officer Renn and the Indianapolis Police Department for the shooting:

“He wasn’t a bad person. His father was killed by IMPD. That is enough to hurt a person and scar him for life,” said Davis’ grandmother, Pam Moornan.

The facts, as reported by BearingArms.com:

Davis’ father, Major Davis, Sr. had been arrested 15 times and did three years in prison on a drug charge. He died of a heart attack in 2003 while in handcuffs after fighting with police as he attempted to avoid a public intoxication charge.

More from WISH-TV:

“Major is not a bad person in spite of what happened. Things happen,” said Pam Moornan.   

“I don’t know how the police was [sic] shooting. I don’t know if they took concern of any kids running around,” said Yvonne Moornan.

The family said it “felt sorry” for Officer Renn’s family, but that the shooting may have been avoided if he had stayed in his car since he could see Davis had a gun. Incidentally, the alleged killer has an extensive criminal background that dates back to 2006.

----------------------

I fucking hate people.

Your asshole family member was wandering around with a gun, cops show up to question him, and somehow the cops are now to blame?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."