DayZ These dayz

I haven't played DayZ since January thanks to the likes of Battlefield 4, Titanfall and my pet parrot. I also haven't paid much attention to the updates, tweaks or new features. Have I missed much regarding the standalone development or is it still way off the mark?

Cheers B)

I'm a little bored right now. I played the Mod for quite a long time, which, while buggy, had so much more going on than the standalone.

I miss getting chased in my offroad by psychopaths in helicopters.

Vehicles and somewhere to store gear need to be included otherwise it's just team deathmatch.

There's also been an invasion of scripters I hear...

Time will rectify that I hope.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've got back into DayZ last couple of days on the standalone and it's still pretty slow progress. You can hunt now which adds something to the survival aspect but the zombies that are being slowly added are a pain in the arse as they are always in turbo mode and have the ability to go under the map and get inside buildings that you're hiding in. The need really start digging deep with all the money they've made and start increasing their team size as the progress is lacking it feels. Vehicles are still a long way off from what I've read.

Servers seem much more stable though and there is plenty to crack on with in the absence of key features but having to walk around for hours upon hours really hurts your fingers after a while!

Tents are on the way and they are currently testing the concept of being able to dump and then retrieve your gear without losing it. Still not sure whether this applies to you being on the same server or if your stuff spawns in the location you left it when you join any server.