Reviews, info, etc?

Hey, where do you guys get your video game reviews from?

I can't trust Penny Arcade anymore, or their affiliated sites as its becoming more and more obvious that they are just IGN 5.0.

I can't trust IGN, because seriously, they just cater to the highest bidder.

Escapist isn't bad, but they are going the route of IGN. Zero Punctuation just slams most everything because that's what gets him page clicks.

I found Brutally Honest Games on youtube, and so far the guy has the most average, and well done reviews I have seen of games. (Its funny, his tone is pretty boring, but he is pretty thorough. Its nice as he isn't some sort of shock jock)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Personally I don't pay much attention to any reviews from major commercial sites anymore. I always keep an eye out on what players in the field are giving games but I don't take too much notice of the overall scores. Some people get so enraged by a game beating another game by 0.1 and suddenly they hit Metacritic to downgrade the game they dislike just to make them feel better.

PC Gamer is probably the only site/magazine that I have found fairly spot-on in recent years although they seem to have a hatred towards anything that comes from or is a part of the console community. They are pig-ignorant, arrogant elitists now but some of their reviews hit the nail on the head. 

With all this money floating about and review embargoes in place; I dunno if I trust the mainstream now. I can easily see the likes of Activision bunging a few quid just to edge that score up a bit. I also cast suspicions on some sites that promote certain games on a ridiculous level despite it being clearly shit and then awarding it a comical score. There's a game on PC called Gone Home which was raved upon by critics in a suspicious way and in the previews; they were all saying the same seemingly scripted shit. It was like a copy and paste from rival site to site. The game scored incredibly well despite costing £14.99 and lasting 56 minutes and NOT actually being a game in its own right. Everyone gave it ludicrous plaudits and high scores. Blatantly there was a bit of dime being pushed and people were reading from lines instead of giving an opinion. 

Too many sites have gamers by the balls now and IGN love shit-stirring the trolls as they make a hell of a cash for all the fanboy squabbling. I'd look to a few people on YouTube for half decent gameplay opinions. TotalBuscuit and Frankie are good but they're primarily PC tho. 

Yeah, I don't usually read up on reviews anymore, except when I occasionally buy PC Gamer magazine. I usually watch the start of a playthrough of a game (Often from HasanAlHarjy since they are released early) and judge whether it appeals to me that way.

I like gametrailers.com

I've always found their reviews to be well-balanced and thorough. They're final scores aren't that useful since they all seem to be compressed to 7 for bad and 9.5 for OMFG with everything in-between. That said, if you watch or read the entire review they touch on all aspects of the game pointing out both the good and the bad.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.