Altis Life - Sony Vegas?

I only recently started playing this Arma 3 mod recently, it's a seriously good laugh.

I've been playing with Aitchy and Dylan has shown us some of the ropes, which has been very useful, cheers Dylan.

We play on the Blackwing servers and they're quite well organised.

I'm having so many funny encounters I think I'm going to start recording properly for the first time....anyone know where to get Sony Vegas on the cheap???

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Are you familiar with Vegas? If so you can get it "free" if you know where to look. Hint if you need to. And before anyone jumps on the piracy bandwagon, I have no issues paying for software at all, in fact I actively discourage piracy, but laying down £600 for what is nothing more than a hobby is ridiculous.

If you're not familiar with Vegas, I suggest trying out the Adobe products, starting with premiered and later on after effects. They are a bit trickier for a noob but can achieve much more glamorous results and is generally more fun once you get used to it.

If all you want is cuts and some weak-ish effects then Vegas is perfect, but all these montages with fancy lighting and stuff are generally done with After Effects.

If you need a hand holler, I went down this road too.

banlol.png

I've never used Vegas but it gets name-checked a lot. Being a virgin to this kind of thing I appreciate the advice, I'm glad I asked :)

I'll have a look at Adobe Premiere, the Elements 12 edition looks affordable.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Crack it. You paid for it right? Fuck 'em. That always on DRM shit can bollocks. If I paid for something, I expect it to work at all times, not just when I'm connected to the net. The only reason they can get away with it is because Adobe generally has excellent support but if you're not going to use it, why bother?

Otherwise just download a cracked copy. Again, you paid for it, so fuck 'em.

In cases like this I wish companies would kick and scream a bit more like gamers do. It's not right to be treated like that and gamers are so damn vocal about it (XB One always connected? remember that?). Unfortunately when it comes to corporations (the main consumers for these products) everyone just stands around pointing fingers at each other and passing the buck around because they can't be arsed to do it, so small time consumers like you and me are shafted because the distros get away with it.

Basstids.

banlol.png

What are you looking to do with the software Phil? I got myself Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 last year, it's a great bit of software and does everything i need it to.

Think you can pick it up for about £35 now, although there is a newer version out. I'll show you the version i've got the next time you're over if you want?

The main thing for me is to be able edit PC game footage and then to be able to put on youtube in 1080p.

I want to be a bit imaginative and have the ability to overlay music or voice tracks ontop of the recording.

I also want to be able to add text e.g I bring up a map in-game. On the video I want to be able to draw on that map a path or write some information.

I want to use decent software that isn't overly laborious that isn't too expensive and does what I want simply and without fuss.

I'll try and catch up with you over the weekend Rich.

I bought a decent PC end of August and making vids was one of the reasons my better half allowed me it in the first place so it's about time I got my arse in gear. ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

You've got a sick PC! I love your case! 

The software i have can do all you want, you can even create your own 3d films....if ya wanted. You can get version 12 for under £30 now off amazon! That shiz cost me £70 a year ago.....well i say £70. Actually the package never turned up but it was saying that it had been delivered but there was no delivery notice through the door or anything, so i got in contact with them and after 2 days they refunded me. Later that afternoon i got a knock on the door from a neighbour who gave me my package and said sorry, he'd forgotten that it had been delivered to him. 

I used up all my luck that day but hey, got some free software :)

Actually dude, i'm trying to find out how many pc's i can install the software on. If it's 3 or more, you can have it for free my man :)

The main thing for me is to be able edit PC game footage and then to be able to put on youtube in 1080p.

I want to be a bit imaginative and have the ability to overlay music or voice tracks ontop of the recording.

I also want to be able to add text e.g I bring up a map in-game. On the video I want to be able to draw on that map a path or write some information.

I want to use decent software that isn't overly laborious that isn't too expensive and does what I want simply and without fuss.

I'll try and catch up with you over the weekend Rich.

I bought a decent PC end of August and making vids was one of the reasons my better half allowed me it in the first place so it's about time I got my arse in gear. ;)

Rich - you the man (especially after saying nice things about the pc...) x

edit: lol just realised I quoted myself, daft bastard

jeffersonclasswar.jpg