Retro Gaming Recommendations

J4MES OX4D

Anyone got any good retro recommendations they are currently playing, looking to play or have played recently? Anything that is easily accessible i.e available on PC or on the current consoles, would be ideal.

I've recently finished Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars for the first time since the late 90's and also the Smoking Mirror sequel which I never got around to playing back in the day. Two excellent games and they've recently released a remaster of sorts called Broken Sword Reforged which preserves the original game but upscales everything. It's £24.99 but as I had the original in my Steam library, I opted to just play that. 

I have also just started the OG Resident Evil trilogy from GOG and playing the second one first as it's practically 25 years since I last played it way back on the PS1 and it's my personal favourite of those games. Actually played the original, RE2, RE3 and Code Veronica all in 1999 and the difference from the 1996 original to CV on the Dreamcast at the time was absolutely insane! 

After those, I am tempted to finally get around to playing the Tomb Raider Remastered titles as they are incredibly faithful versions and currently 50% off on Steam. Had the original on PC around 1997 time and picked up Tomb Raider II for the PS1. They seem to be really solid ports so I'll have to definitely check them out. 

After all them, I will likely be gagging for an FPS title so instead of wasting £70 on Black Ops 6, I need to complete the Half Life trilogy by finishing Opposing Force for the first time in 25 years. I did Blue Shift last year but didn't have a chance to to this one. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic