RuneScape (OldSchool & RS3)

Been really enjoying getting back into RuneScape recently, playing it a lot on my phone while I wait for a Openreach technical to install my WiFi.

I had a character ‘Jenx47’, a long time ago which got to a decent combat level but couldn’t remember the password which was a shame but it’s been fun to start from the beginning.

Double XP this week has also been handy to get me started!

Also looking forward to the implementation of Group Ironman which I will probably do with my brother once they bring it out.

If anyone is playing and wants to add me my username is Lurchzy 👍

The new Necromancy skill has also been a bunch of fun to get into, as well as Archaeology which weren’t there when I last played the game.

• Lurchzy changed the title to RuneScape (OldSchool & RS3)

I have not played this since I was much much younger, I think what put me off is that my brother sunk his life into it and he spiralled. Like completely screwed up his life and it just put me off the game, not necassarily the game's fault but because I gave him so much aggro for it just would definately look saft if I ever went and gave it another go.

That said I want an MMO to get back into but none of the current one's particularly excite me currently.

Luseth.png

Wow I remember playing the OG version of this not even sure I remember any of.my login details might have a little gander see if I can find out.

After RS I went on to another game called ogame which I played solidly for 12 years.

slamminbones.png

On 5/23/2024 at 3:41 PM, Luseth said:

I have not played this since I was much much younger, I think what put me off is that my brother sunk his life into it and he spiralled. Like completely screwed up his life and it just put me off the game, not necassarily the game's fault but because I gave him so much aggro for it just would definately look saft if I ever went and gave it another go.

Happened to a lot of people around the RuneScape and World of Warcraft scene, when MMO RPG games became massive.

I never had a problem with them, but I’ve heard a few stories. I guess if you had an addictive personality, video games are an easy one to fall into.

4 hours ago, slamminbones said:

Wow I remember playing the OG version of this not even sure I remember any of.my login details might have a little gander see if I can find out.

After RS I went on to another game called ogame which I played solidly for 12 years.

The 2D looking version or the Old School RS? Because you can play the Old School version now which I really enjoy, brings back a lot of memories!

I remember getting my first set of full Rune Plate armour after completing the Dragon Slayer quest. Shortly after I introduced my brother and dad to the game who both quickly surpassed my level and still play today.