Alan Wake 2

Yeah, reviews are looking really good for this one  I may have to check it out at some point.  I know @Rumelyladyis horny for it.  Lol

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Update.  I had some Xbox points to redeem, so I did, and got this last night.  @Rumelyladyis currently playing through it, and has had 5 jump scares already.  Lol

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Don't know if any of you played Condemned in the past? If so, is this anything like it at all?

I don't think so, but I'm basing that purely on looking at some footage of Condemned.   Alan Wake  2 has a different vibe to it.  I'd say more along the lines of Control minus the powers you have in that.

I've been making my way through this when @Rumelylady isn't cleaning a playground on Powerwash Sim, and it's been pretty decent so far.  I like all the case boards, and connecting the dots with crimes.  Wake has a writer's board that functions similarly but allows him to "change the story" which essentially shifts the environments to get further.

Visually, it looks amazing from top to bottom.  They do an excellent job utilizing light sources that boarders on damn near realistic.  I also dig the real-life cinematics throughout the game so far.  Remedy knows their shit when it comes to that.  The voice acting is great as usual. 

So far so good.  

I just beat the story for Alan Wake 2 last night! Overall, I enjoyed the experience, however I did find the combat to be quite clunky and unsatisfying. I actually much preferred the combat in the original Alan Wake. 

I actually didn’t like Saga’s mind place as much as I was hoping. Alan’s plot board was a little better but still not quite what I was hoping for. 

The visuals are phenomenal and I loved the way they used live action footage, Remedy are definitely the masters of this right now! 

The voice acting is also fantastic for basically every character in the game! Speaking of characters, I really enjoyed all the new characters, and the reoccurring ones! Saga Anderson is great and hopefully a staple in the series going forward.

The story is … great! But it’s a real mindfu**! Obviously this game is part of the RCU (Remedy Connected Universe), so has links to Control. You can play Alan Wake 2 as its own game, but it definitely helps to play Alan Wake and Control first. 

It’s the kind of story which leaves you with more questions than answers, and it wants to come up with your own theories about what has happened and why it’s happening. 

I’m really hoping there are others here on the site that have beat the game, as it’s definitely a game that you could spend hours debating and theorising! Anyone played it and have their thoughts? 

If I had to put a score on it, I would give it an 8.5/10! 

Agree with you on the combat.  It didn't feel great at all, but serviceable to what you had to do.  I'm looking forward to the next entry.  I also wouldn't mind seeing a Control sequel.

1 hour ago, Riff Machine said:

Agree with you on the combat.  It didn't feel great at all, but serviceable to what you had to do.  I'm looking forward to the next entry.  I also wouldn't mind seeing a Control sequel.

Control 2 is already in the works! 

WWW.REMEDYGAMES.COM

Remedy Entertainment has signed an agreement with 505 Games to co-develop and co-publish Control 2...