Scuf Controllers for PS5 + PC

crippled_viper

As soon as I got wind of a PS5 getting their own Pro controller I didn't really look at SCUF anymore as I was worried about compatibility and future proofing it to work with certain games. Clive @Teenwolf25 may have one still and try it out. I do think the Sony Pro PS5 Controller is truly the one part of the overall console that is 'Next Gen'. Everything works extremely well, super easy to custom and most of all I can just buy a stick for £20 whenever I get stick drift rather than nearly paying £100 for a new controller down the road. My original 2 PS5 controller both have stick drift already so this felt like the right thing to buy moving forwards.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

As soon as I got wind of a PS5 getting their own Pro controller I didn't really look at SCUF anymore as I was worried about compatibility and future proofing it to work with certain games. Clive @Teenwolf25 may have one still and try it out. I do think the Sony Pro PS5 Controller is truly the one part of the overall console that is 'Next Gen'. Everything works extremely well, super easy to custom and most of all I can just buy a stick for £20 whenever I get stick drift rather than nearly paying £100 for a new controller down the road. My original 2 PS5 controller both have stick drift already so this felt like the right thing to buy moving forwards.

I had stick drift on my two PS5 controllers too, got new ones on the warranty. Now the one one of my kids use has got it again. 

If this Pro one you speak of has replacable sticks I might get one of these..

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Interesting. I'll look into the those PS5 Pro Controllers.

On 7/19/2023 at 4:28 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

For the stick drift reason I am umming and arring over picking one up when a controller fails. Currently I have 3 standard ones, one of which one of the triggers is broke in that it no longer has the resistance to it (button still works) so it will be fine if the kids want to play lego say as they get older. Then 2 that I switch between when batteries are on their way out. I did have the Victrix Pro as well, I liked the idea of having the sticks placed like an xbox controller but in the end I didn't get on with it and a friend had it off me (albeit at a fair loss as there isn't much of a market for selling them on).

Luseth.png

Stick drift seems to be such a personal thing, my PS4 controllers did succumb to it eventually so I got a PS5 bundle with 2 controllers to have a back up.  But over 2 years later and I'm still only using 1 controller yet in the same time period some people have gone through multiple controllers.

As for scuff, I haven't looked in to them though this more due to having modified my standard controller.  I bought the PS4 back buttons when they came out and switching to the PS5 it was tricky playing without them.  So I fitted some ExtremeRate back buttons on my OEM controller not long after I got it and they work well enough.  Had I not already got a spare controller and spent the time and money modding a controller, I probably would have gone with the Sony pro controller even if the price does make my eyes water.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png