Dele Alli Interview

GazzaGarratt

A superb interview from Neville to Alli. It speaks volumes on just how any one of us can having something going on in the background so trying not to judge and perceive everything on face value is pretty critical I think these days. No one should have to have that mental torture over the years. I love redemption arcs, and I really hope this lad can get one. Only shame is seeing how he felt like he wanted to do this but maybe in a few weeks/months but couldn't due to the pressure of journalists hounding the situation so they can put something in the tabloids. No one is perfect, so if your heart is in the right place, I think everyone deserves some support to get where they want to get to.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

You could see something wasn't right yet everyone continued to pile on the pressure and criticise his actions. Glad he's feeling better and I hope he gets back onto the pitch soon.

I'm glad there are more videos like this coming out of the Football scene. Saw one the other day with Beckham and TAA about mental health and money.

There are still some out there who think the idea of men admitting to, or discussing mental health is a sign of weakness. It's the opposite.

Like has been said above, fair play to Dele and the like for their bravery.

It's a tough world for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons and the more we understand and help each other we can at least make our part of it that little bit better.

I feel this community is generally pretty good at that or I wouldn't be here.

That and getting to have the occasional row 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Really good interview about a difficult and clearly personally distressing topic. Just a shame he had to be out of his comfort zone to give the interview before the papers printed whatever they wanted. Good to hear he got to the point were he took the action himself as others could so easily carried on that slide, and fair play to Everton keeping it quiet and helping him get the help he needed, can’t help think some other premier league clubs would have cut him loose to get it done on his own. Hope to see him bounce back in a positive fashion, whatever that maybe whether it’s on the field or coming away for it to help others. Also a big amount of praise needs to go to Gary Neville for doing the interview and going with the discussion when it clearly went where he wasn’t expecting and not forcing Dele with anything. I don’t like the term of ‘new media’ but a platform like this, which is a lot more popular with sports people of all types in the US, is clearly where players feel more comfortable discussing these issues so hope we get more of them in the UK.