I became a published Author...

So, one of the big wins this year is I became a published author! How mad is that, sadly it's not actually for a book you read, but a journal that I created for men - just like us.

I've been journaling for about 4 years now and it has been a bit of a life saver. You guys know i've been through a physical transformation from 'fat' strongman to 'tasty' husband and a large part of that is because I learned how to not abuse my body with food. A lot of people who drink, smoke or do lots of drugs (caffeine was my drug of choice) simply need to get some ownership of their life and journaling can be a large piece of that puzzle. Before you click off because you've no interest in journaling, let me tell you that over the last 4 years of my life I have become a better person in every way. Man, husband, father, friend, financially, spiritually, pragmatically and emotionally. A lot of the work I did on myself, I did in my journal.

Through trial and error, studying neuroscience and psychology I created a system that wasn't time consuming and was optimal for a 'mans' brain. I then applied my 'creed' or way of thinking to it and got it made by digital media creator. it's called the STRIKE Journal and you can buy it here on amazon: BUY MY BOOK! It is also available world wide on Amazon so if you're not in the UK simply search STRIKE JOURNAL on amazon.

Just to be clear, my journal has nothing to do with 'fitness', my goals are set around my wellbeing and physical fitness because I will be dammed if I die of something like heart disease or a stroke, your goals and how you use the journal are simply how YOU choose to embrace your brand of masculinity.

What is it? Well here is a summary below:

S.T.R.I.K.E Journal 

Welcome to the strike journal, the premium men’s journal designed to keep you accountable and ready to strike at every moment of your day. After having used multiple different journals available on the market I found that none of them gave me the direction in my day that I required. I wanted to focus on what my needs are as a man and how my brain is motivated – specifically, not generally. Journaling is a tool used by all of the greats (Tim Ferris and Matthew McConaughey to name just two) to focus the mind and set priorities for the day, then to reflect on the successes and areas for development. I want you to use this journal to conquer each day and be the best man you can be.  

What is S.T.R.I.K.E? 

The 6 skills that I focus my day around and how I choose to embrace my masculinity in a way that benefits myself, my family, my goals and my communities. This doesn’t mean being a macho robot with no emotions and being as stoic as a rock. Being a man requires balance. Here are the 6 skills a man will use and work on every day: 

Strength - the strong protect the weak 

Taking Responsibility – you are the only person responsible for your actions, emotions and reactions 

Resilience - life is survival of the grittiest, motherfucker! 

Integrity - if you stand for nothing you’ll fall for anything 

Kindness – kindness is born of confidence, only a confident person can truly be kind 

Empathy - you never know what someone else has been/is going through 

At the end of each day in this journal you need to tick next to each of these skills that you successfully used as a reflection of how often you use each skill, hopefully you can show the balance of all 6.  

How to use this journal? 

I have designed this system to be as easy as possible but deliver maximum effect.  

Step 1: 

In the morning set your intentions. There are three boxes to complete.  

• Firstly, set out your positive affirmation:  

Today I am going to be strong/happy/fun/a good dad/a good leader etc.  

• Secondly, set out what you are going to improve that day, sometimes this comes from what happened yesterday or from the S.T.R.I.K.E skills: 

Today I am working on being calm/resilient/myself/more considerate/a monster! 

• Thirdly, at the bottom of the page set out your non-negotiables for the day. 

I put in steps, nutrition goals, training and cardio goals, breathing techniques and if I’m doing ice bath or sauna that day.  

Step 2: 
In the evening before bed you reflect on your day and put everything to rest. There are 4 boxes to complete. 

• Firstly, what went well today? 
    Discuss your big or little wins of the day, reflect on all of the positives no matter how small. 
  • Secondly, what caused you concern, worry or stress? 
    Be very specific about who or what caused an negative impact to your mental health. Don’t hold back, vent. 
  • Thirdly, what was out of your control? 
    You have to learn to let go of what you cannot control, name it here, is it the same as number 2? Often times you will find it is and can therefore work on removing the stress in the future. 
  • Lastly, what are you grateful for?

What or who are you grateful that is in your life? Your partner? Children? Pet? Something that happened? Yourself? Your body and it’s abilities? 

Step 3: 
Throughout the day at any point you can reflect on how well you are meeting the skills of the S.T.R.I.K.journal and your non-negotiables. There are two boxes to use here. 

• Firstly, tick next to each skill from S.T.R.I.K.E that you used successfully that day 
  • Secondly, your non-negotiables for the day, have you met them? 

I put in steps, nutrition goals, training and cardio goals, breathing techniques and if I’m doing ice bath or sauna that day. If I achieve them, I tick it off. 

It’s as simple as 1,2,3. However, at the end of each day you should feel a sense of accomplishment and gratitude whilst having let go of any of the stresses for the day.  

Oh, one more thing. Throughout this journal you will find reflection pages, on each page is either an in-depth look at each S.T.R.I.K.E skill or a quote that I find is particularly motivating, moving or useful as a man. You are encouraged to reflect on how this information makes you feel and if you can set an action to implement the ideas within it.     

Now, go and S.T.R.I.K.E your day! 

338500860_2526476397516144_7440276617091033533_n.jpg

339908609_1272471390364251_6211930895410890795_n.jpg

339936996_977355957005441_8739423172236986462_n.jpg

339827453_1352363028685540_509824015233641184_n.jpg

signatures small.jpg

I love this mate, only got round to being able to have time to digest it. I did try a High Performance organiser some years ago and it worked for a little bit - I think the challenge with capturing positive thoughts at the start and at the end of the day is something way harder than it sounds, especially if you are a person that wants to maximise everything out of every single day.

One day soon I'll try and grab it mate and take a good read. Hopefully it has had a decent start and I'm sure you've helped a few lives already based on the reviews on Amazon so far!! Love seeing you helping others buddy, can't get enough of that @Middle Class Caveman 👊❤️

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 7/12/2023 at 4:43 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I love this mate, only got round to being able to have time to digest it. I did try a High Performance organiser some years ago and it worked for a little bit - I think the challenge with capturing positive thoughts at the start and at the end of the day is something way harder than it sounds, especially if you are a person that wants to maximise everything out of every single day.

One day soon I'll try and grab it mate and take a good read. Hopefully it has had a decent start and I'm sure you've helped a few lives already based on the reviews on Amazon so far!! Love seeing you helping others buddy, can't get enough of that @Middle Class Caveman 👊❤️

It's a slow burner at the moment as i've done no marketing - i'm going to launch a youtube for it over the summer as I actually made it to help show the kids how to get a little business going!

signatures small.jpg