Lies of P

I'll keep an eye on this but I know Brede said in his PPR that it needs a little bit of work. However, the look and feel of Bloodborne does it make get a little excited for it. I wonder how they gameplay differs from that?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

My biggest problem with the demo, was that I couldn't kill the Parade Master boss. Guessing a bug. Depleted his health bar three times and still wouldn't die.

I really liked the atmosphere of the game, and if they iron out the issues, such as getting stuck, enemies that wont die etc, it will be a good game imo.

So, a couple hours into this game, and I am not sold yet. Combat is slow and sluggish, easy to get hit even when dodging. 

Coming from Wo Long, everything will probably feel slow, but compared to i.e Bloodborne, it doesn't cut is so far. 

Thanks for that Brede @NCA-Paendrag, my son has noticed it as Bloodborne is his favourite game. He's more looking into Lords of the Fallen instead but even that has had mixed reviews. Let us know if it picks up as you get more into it.

On 10/18/2023 at 12:11 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks for that Brede @NCA-Paendrag, my son has noticed it as Bloodborne is his favourite game. He's more looking into Lords of the Fallen instead but even that has had mixed reviews. Let us know if it picks up as you get more into it.

Its getting better, but it has some annoying elements. Enemies throwing elemental cannisters at you that knocks you off ledges, some enemies almost impossible to dodge. 

A coworker says its one of the best games he has played. Right now, Bloodborne is better but there is some cool features here, you can build weapons to suit your style, as in mixing different weapons together.  He will probably like it.

Think it got 87 or 89 on Metacritics.

As for Lords of the Fallen, another guy I work with likes it very much. Cant compare it to the first one.

On 10/19/2023 at 11:36 PM, NCA-Paendrag said:

Its getting better, but it has some annoying elements. Enemies throwing elemental cannisters at you that knocks you off ledges, some enemies almost impossible to dodge. 

A coworker says its one of the best games he has played. Right now, Bloodborne is better but there is some cool features here, you can build weapons to suit your style, as in mixing different weapons together.  He will probably like it.

Think it got 87 or 89 on Metacritics.

As for Lords of the Fallen, another guy I work with likes it very much. Cant compare it to the first one.

Thanks Brede. I think I'm going to get this for Dax's birthday in November based on that. Cheers!

On 10/25/2023 at 9:32 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks Brede. I think I'm going to get this for Dax's birthday in November based on that. Cheers!

No worries mate.

Allthough I am about halfway through the game, it hasnt wowed me yet. Some "common" puppets and mini bosses is harder to defeat than some of the main bosses 😳🤔

Now this game is pissing me off. Some mini bosses here is tougher than Elden Ring/Dark Souls 3 bosses ffs.

Read that many Souls gamers stated that this is the toughest soulslike game to date.  But this was a month ago, and I think they lowered the bosses health bar in an update about that time. 

Beat Lies of P last night, the first souls like I have ever beaten! I’ve tried Bloodborne, Sekiro, Demon Souls and Mortal Shell in the past but gave up with all of them pretty early on! 

I persevered with this game as I loved the setting and the idea for the story, and I’m glad I did as I ended up loving it! 

I thought the combat was fantastic and particularly liked the mechanic where successfully parrying could break the enemy weapon! However, I found the Legion arm to be mostly useless, and felt like using any larger weapons put you at a massive disadvantage which meant I didn’t experiment with weapons as much as I would have liked! 

The visuals and audio design were great though and the story was interesting and more “in your face” than the other souls games, but I would still have liked the story to take more of a central part of the game. 

Overall, really enjoyed the game and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys souls games. I gave it a score of 8.4 on my instagram where I usually post my reviews! I enjoyed it so much that I’m actually considering going back and trying Bloodborne or Demon Souls again?! 

Anyone else beaten this that thinks I’m crazy or think it deserves more than 8.4?

I havent completed it yet, will go back at one point.

You should really give Bloodborne another go!

Demon Souls was not my cup pf tea.

So you havent played Elden Ring or Dark Souls? Dark Souls 3 that is. The others are too old and slow.

Bloodborne was the first I beat.

Wo Long is pretty good too!

Well done for completing it @WelchyTV 😄. My son still hasn't started it, not sure why as he seemed to get into Lords of the Fallen more first and now hes moved on to his PSVR again for abit. I'm sure once he starts it, as he enjous these games, he'll probably say its up there. I think most people still see Bloodborne up there as the one to challenge this title score wise...its making me thing 2024 I should go back and try and finish a souls like game like that!

14 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I havent completed it yet, will go back at one point.

You should really give Bloodborne another go!

Demon Souls was not my cup pf tea.

So you havent played Elden Ring or Dark Souls? Dark Souls 3 that is. The others are too old and slow.

Bloodborne was the first I beat.

Wo Long is pretty good too!

I never bothered trying Elden Ring or the Dark Souls games as I typically don’t enjoy these type of games! Don’t want to waste my money, however with Lies of P I was able to play it through Game Pass! 

I did try Wo Long through Game pass but couldn’t get past the first boss 🤣 

The thing I liked about Lies of P was the Specter mechanic. Being able to take on the boss battles with some help was a godsend and there’s no way I would have beat the game without it! 

I will definitely consider going back to Bloodborne though as I was always interested in the atmosphere and setting!

I didnt either, until I played Bloodborne. 😉

And Bloodborne is easier than Lies of P so you will beat that too! A few years old though so doesnt flow as Lies of P does but a great game. Loved the atmosphere in it!