Final Fantasy IX - Will there ever be a remake?

Luseth

So there have been rumblings the last few years that there will be a Final Fantasy IX remake.

So in the last few days there has been a fan release of an FFIX remake demo just to show what the game could be like and I won't lie, it looks dreamy -

In addition to this Jeff Grubb who has been known to have inside information of the gaming industry previously has stated the remake is real and in the works and to my delight will retain the turn based combat.

final-fantasy-ix-2-394x218.jpg
TWISTEDVOXEL.COM

The often rumored Final Fantasy IX remake is reportedly set to retain the traditional turn-based combat from the original game. Speaking...

I can tell you for a fact that if this turns out to be true I will be picking up any collectors edition as this to date is my number 1 game (closely followed by the witcher 3)

So did anyone play the original, would you be looking forward to a true remake?

Luseth.png

I absolutely loved FFIX it’s my favourite to play from the final fantasy games which I have played, VII, VIII, IX and XIII

I would be interested in a remake but probably wouldn’t get it for the same reason I didn’t get FFVII remake in that I just don’t have good enough hardware to do it justice

I saw that clip when it came out on Twitter as the voice actor for the main character is married to a Game Director at Bungie. It does look really cool, although I don't have much to add as I never played the other FF games outside of 7 and 8. I did play a little bit of a later one but they are just incomparable to these early games.

Square Enix have done a top job of the 7 remake, that I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to look at another remake. However, it would be probably at least a decade away if not more considering how long its took just to get a remake of 7 done...and even that hasn't been the full game so far.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I saw that clip when it came out on Twitter as the voice actor for the main character is married to a Game Director at Bungie. It does look really cool, although I don't have much to add as I never played the other FF games outside of 7 and 8. I did play a little bit of a later one but they are just incomparable to these early games.

Square Enix have done a top job of the 7 remake, that I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to look at another remake. However, it would be probably at least a decade away if not more considering how long its took just to get a remake of 7 done...and even that hasn't been the full game so far.

There have been rumblings for a few years that there is another one in the works already so maybe not quite a decade, especially when you consider how quickly they are turning out the FF VII remakes, if they intend to use the same engine and such we could see it before 2030 (if there is one). But who know's with that company, they probably still think NFT's are going to make them billions.

Luseth.png