Meta Quest 3

J4MES OX4D

There wasnt much shown by this clip other than a slimmer headset and some improved controllers (both key to vr mind), it was also announced that there would be a big software update to the quest 2 (the version I have) which should improve performance by 20% which I was pleased to hear about!

I have been enjoying my VR for a variety of uses, recently doing some fitness things which are quite good (albeit not as good as going to a gym I am sure) but its easy to pick up and do 20 minutes or so, beat sabers great and I have just downloaded a FPS with a friend thats meant to be good fun. He also has plans to do some film nights with it.

VR is obviously not mainstream yet but it has certainly found an audience enough to keep it going I feel.

Luseth.png

23 hours ago, Luseth said:

There wasnt much shown by this clip other than a slimmer headset and some improved controllers (both key to vr mind), it was also announced that there would be a big software update to the quest 2 (the version I have) which should improve performance by 20% which I was pleased to hear about!

I have been enjoying my VR for a variety of uses, recently doing some fitness things which are quite good (albeit not as good as going to a gym I am sure) but its easy to pick up and do 20 minutes or so, beat sabers great and I have just downloaded a FPS with a friend thats meant to be good fun. He also has plans to do some film nights with it.

VR is obviously not mainstream yet but it has certainly found an audience enough to keep it going I feel.

The Ghost Busters game coming out for Meta Quest looks really fun! One of the only times I've wished I had a VR Headset.

The fact it can be wireless will still be a pull for people to get it over something like the new PSVR2. Although I didn't see much that makes it stand out from the crowd. Difficulty must be that you need to experience something like this in the flesh before you really get an idea on if the price is worth it.

Forum Signature Test.png

20 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The fact it can be wireless will still be a pull for people to get it over something like the new PSVR2. Although I didn't see much that makes it stand out from the crowd. Difficulty must be that you need to experience something like this in the flesh before you really get an idea on if the price is worth it.

This isn't a huge upgrade on the 2, it's very much quality of life improvements that I can see so far. If you have never given VR a go though it really will blow your mind the first time you experience it (if we ever get invited to your garden bar / outhouse I will bring mine with 🙂 )

On 6/3/2023 at 6:29 PM, Lurchzy said:

The Ghost Busters game coming out for Meta Quest looks really fun! One of the only times I've wished I had a VR Headset.

I must admit I have not seen it so I will check it out!

Luseth.png

On 6/6/2023 at 11:40 AM, Luseth said:

This isn't a huge upgrade on the 2, it's very much quality of life improvements that I can see so far. If you have never given VR a go though it really will blow your mind the first time you experience it (if we ever get invited to your garden bar / outhouse I will bring mine with 🙂 )

My son has a PSVR and still uses it from time to time. I've had plenty of goes on it and its a fun thing to play on for the odd 15-30 minutes but I would say most games aren't really looking that amazing on PSVR for what I enjoy. It works for the younger generation though as I think they've grown up with those standards on what they see. Plus its very helpful for sensory kids, more than people realise.

The PSVR2 looks way better and i'm more interested in that then any other one. The wire on it doesn't bother me as much as I think it could bother others these days when they are looking for the most 'mobile' devices they can get their hands on. Meta Quest is cheaper than the PSVR2 which will definitely help because not many can afford or justify nearly £700 for PSVR2 if you want it with games, even more with charger accessories.

Forum Signature Test.png