Lightfall DLC First Impressions

GazzaGarratt

Lets get a thread started so we know how people have found the experience of the Campaign and anything else in their first few plays on the DLC. Thoughts below? 👇

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

That good everyone?! Amazing!

I really miss the chatter on this game. I've installed the update so will start to slowly playthrough the campaign soon. This game is set up now to be played more for fun than grinding your arse off, bored to tears. I think it would give us some great co-op moments still, especially as there is literally nothing out there that can compete with it.

11 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

What's the score with this, choose your difficulty? Do not remember that being in Density.

Last night i bought this dlc on PC, 140 fps on ultra settings, very smooth 👏

The Campaign now has 2 difficulty settings. Normal or Legendary. It came in as a brand new thing with Witch Queen DLC and it stands for me and most others as their best story campaign to date, mainly down to this too. Rewards are more plentiful and jump you up level wise quicker after legendary, but clearly harder combatants to defeat. Legendary also makes you feel like a campaign is worthwhile whereas early D2 days the campaign just seemed to be an intro to the rest of the game. Campaigns should always drive story and other things happening in the entire Destiny 2 world. It scales difficulty too if you are solo, or in a fireteam.

Alongside the campaign is the F2P stuff, and then the current Seasonal stuff linked to the Season Pass. Usually worth around 7/8/9 quid for 3 months of content. Similar to Battle Passes in all other games (so a tier system of rewards) which give you additional missions, activities, exotic missions and other rewards such as Seasonal Weapons and Armour.