Diablo IV Beta

J4MES OX4D

Beta for owners runs from March 17-19 and then the open beta is March 24-26th

4102061-diablo-4.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

You won't have long to wait to experience the terror of the Burning Hells in Diablo IV before the game officially launches in June.

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Can we turn the Diablo 3 subform in to 4 or just Diablo? I think it's empty but we could use that for the new game going forward. 

I'll happily change to D4 initially as it'll probably be more relevant. Cheers for the heads up.

Forum Signature Test.png

Haven't been able to get in all day today so I just uninstalled the beta. Same old Blizzard with their shitty servers and just like the Diablo 2 fiasco, it will no doubt spill into the full release. Queue times are completely unacceptable and many that have got in have been booted for a variety of technical issues and then put back into 2+ hour wait times. Not gonna be enough time for them to prove that this will stabilise at this late stage of the beta so I'm not gonna spend £50 on a game where I have to queue 37 hours just to get to the login attempt screen. 

14 hours ago, Luseth said:

What are you playing on? I got in first try this afternoon with only a 10 minute queue. Didnt think it was too bad.

PC. As soon as I saw the warning on Battlenet about long queue times I knew it would be worse than the closed beta. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

PC. As soon as I saw the warning on Battlenet about long queue times I knew it would be worse than the closed beta. 

I wonder if it is generally worse on pc then, I have been on a couple of times now and similar experiences to my first try.

I do find that long queue times are just a staple of open betas these days though and it was always going to be worse than closed beta surely due to it being more accessible?

I plan to jump on again shortly and then I will put my thoughts down on the game and whether or not i am tempted to pick it up  🙂

Luseth.png

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

I wonder if it is generally worse on pc then, I have been on a couple of times now and similar experiences to my first try.

I do find that long queue times are just a staple of open betas these days though and it was always going to be worse than closed beta surely due to it being more accessible?

I plan to jump on again shortly and then I will put my thoughts down on the game and whether or not i am tempted to pick it up  🙂

Definitely a way bigger demand on PC especially during the open beta but Blizzard should accommodate the anticipated influx. Their servers are notoriously shit and that's why people's frustrations wear thin with them. Diablo 3, Warcraft 3 Reforged and then Diablo 2 Resurrected were all abysmal at launch and beyond so it just feels another taster of what's to come when the game releases. Overwatch was their only game since 2010 which was done right and that's because they dipped into their insane wealth to create a decent server structure but all their other brands are neglected in this respect. The developers are still under the early 2000's impression that people are willing to wait 2 hours to queue to get into one of their prestigious games as a privilege. 

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Definitely a way bigger demand on PC especially during the open beta but Blizzard should accommodate the anticipated influx. Their servers are notoriously shit and that's why people's frustrations wear thin with them. Diablo 3, Warcraft 3 Reforged and then Diablo 2 Resurrected were all abysmal at launch and beyond so it just feels another taster of what's to come when the game releases. Overwatch was their only game since 2010 which was done right and that's because they dipped into their insane wealth to create a decent server structure but all their other brands are neglected in this respect. The developers are still under the early 2000's impression that people are willing to wait 2 hours to queue to get into one of their prestigious games as a privilege. 

Ah fair enough ^_^

My experience of the game was actually pretty pleasant compared to yours then.

My thoughts on the beta -

- It looks fantastic I won't lie, I think they have nailed the visuals

- The story seems like it could be really really good

- Games like these I either bounce off or get really engrossed, I have not been engrossed in one since maybe the first 2 dragon age games though. They are often time sinks and I do not have the time typically. That said this did hook me in and it's on my radar to buy now.

- The NPC's could do with some work as they don't seem to shut up 😄 

- That said I think more hardcore fans of the series may be a little dissapointed with the skills tree and as you have mentioned above, the downside with the game moving towards a live service means that you always need to be online so dodgy internet connections are just going to see you kicked often and full servers will result poor experiences.

I reckon it's a 7/10 game, but having not played anything like this for a while and this one has now got my attention I will play it at some point, just maybe not at launch prices.

Luseth.png

It honestly felt, gameplay wise, to be very similar to 3.  I like the more “realistic” approach they’ve taken with the visuals as oppose to the more WoW-like look of 3.  

My biggest complaint?  Why did they change the inventory??  3 had the perfect breakdown of everything being sectioned off into its own area.  Now, it’s all lumped together again and you run out of space halfway through a dungeon.  It got to a point where I would only pick up yellow or orange gear and leave everything else.  

I’m also not a fan of the “always online” shit.  Why must everything be online?  It really does suck especially with something that a lot of people will play by themselves for the most part.  Day one is gonna be a Bitch. 

I also wish there was more classes to choose from.  But, I guess they need DLC down the road.  

I did pre-order it though.  I enjoy the games, and hopefully the few annoyances I have won’t deter that enjoyment.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*