Metroid Prime Remastered

J4MES OX4D

This actually surprised me.  The fact it's released the same day and ISN'T $79!!!!!!!!! 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I also really like the choice of control schemes.  Dual stick, classic, hybrid (Classic/dual stick mix) and motion.  After playing with motion controls in the trilogy collection from the Wii, I think that'll be my go-to for this one.  Playing dual stick with the joy-cons absolutely sucks.

Currently sitting at 94 on Meta and the original was 97! May give this a go again on Dolphin using Primehack as it would be nice to play the OG with a mouse and keyboard. The only bad I remember from the original were the weird controls which seemed quite archaic like Goldeneye yet this was in an era where we were getting used to slick games like Half Life, Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 so going back to such a vastly different control scheme I really struggled to adjust with yet the game itself was amazing especially considering the lame power the Gamecube had.  

It does look so much better visually.  Gameplay is damn near exactly the same, and using the dual stick or motion controls make the gameplay so much better IMO.

My only gripe right now, is for some reason, your normal gun does a 3-shot burst  instead of the single shot from the original game.  While it can help short term, it sucks when you get the charge beam and have to wait those 3 shots to begin charging. 

I hope Nintendo/Retro release a patch to fix that.