Dragon Quest Builders

Luseth

So whilst waiting for Hogwarts to come out I have sort of put my big games on the backburner as I don't want to get too deep into them only to stop halfway through as I know I will never return.

What I have done is find this little gem on the PS subscription and I am currently playing chapter 2.

So for anyone that does not know, Dragon Quest is a brilliant JRPG series (with it's last game being their best by far) and they have created  a few spin offs recently. This one is essentially minecraft but with a bit of story and direction to it.

The game is incredibly colourful and chirpy (despite the story being a little dark and drab) and the idea is that monsters took over years and years ago and now humanity is struggling to survive as they have all forgotten how to build, the ability was taken from them. Humans being social creatures that need to work together they are dwindling and there aren't many left.

As you go through you learn recipes and plans, build little towns and bring people together all whilst working through a bigger story where I imagine down the road we will take on the final boss and kick his ass 😄

dragon-quest-builders-4.jpg?quality=85&w

So for anyone after a small, quite relaxing game to play that has the elements of minecraft I would definately recommend this 🙂

There is also a second game which is multiplayer that I will look at playing at some point 😄

Luseth.png

Love the look at this and the idea it has more of a story has got my interest. Its only £12 at Game Collection right now. The second one is out already it says? Do you know what is different or is it just the same stuff with added Co-op play?

One thing that I'm interested to know too - Does the 3rd person camera view work well or is it annoying? It may be because of the screenshot above that i'm only thinking this.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

10 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Love the look at this and the idea it has more of a story has got my interest. Its only £12 at Game Collection right now. The second one is out already it says? Do you know what is different or is it just the same stuff with added Co-op play?

One thing that I'm interested to know too - Does the 3rd person camera view work well or is it annoying? It may be because of the screenshot above that i'm only thinking this.

The only issues I have had with the camera is if there is a roof on a structure, you can't see your character then which is a pain in a couple of instances where you have to go inside somewhere with a roof and speak to someone (because you can't see either of you).

The two games, there is a single player story mode, in the first game it is broken up into chapters and you have objectives in each. The second game is just more of the same but developed somewhat, the co op comes in two forms I think, the first is an open sandbox mode, the second is that you can invite people into your story world once you get to a certain point (but I think it is limited for them so they can't make or destroy what you have already built but I am not certain on that as I have only a brief forray into it so far).

If you have ps plus premium it is on there for free (not sure if you do Lee).

Luseth.png

Thanks for that @Luseth, it felt like it coud have a few camera issues but sounds like its still minor.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:56 AM, Luseth said:

If you have ps plus premium it is on there for free (not sure if you do Lee).

No, just the standard package. I don't like having any larger subscriptions for rental services...its killed me just to get Spotify lately as the wife needed it 😅

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb