Where's the best place to buy retro games?

Lurchzy

I've personally found CeX (UK high street franchise) to be one of the worst places to buy retro games. I've found eBay and other online shops to be much more useful in finding better quality games! 

Have a look at local ads on places like Gumtree, oftentimes something decent shows up when they don't know exactly what they're selling or it's true worth.

I don't have the room to collect but once I do, I'll be picking up some things here and then.

1 hour ago, James5497 said:

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on where the best place to buy retro video games is online or irl?

Personal experiences -

cex is fine if you go in store, buying online can be very hit and miss with quality

Ebay can be good if you know exactly what you are after but priced a little high

Charity shops are much more difficult to find a bargain these days, a lot of them have cottoned onto the value and put them on ebay these days

My best experiences have been smaller independant stores and retro game fayres. There are 2 or 3 local to me and they have recently been revamped so they tend to be my first port of call.

Luseth.png

I find CEX not great imo, more because of my personal experiences and the inflation of prices they do. eBay seems the only place easily accessible, buyers cover if the game doesn't arrive or not true to the advert however you have to look massively around for a good deal still on there. Usually buying in bulk is the only way to get a decent deal on games on eBay.

I'd live to go to more Charity shops but the one I go to, theres never much stuff in there. A lot of those shops are now also selling stuff on eBay too which is a shame. I need to go to more car boot sales on a Sunday morning. They are likely the best deals but unreliable as you won't know if the games work or not.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:25 PM, Luseth said:

My best experiences have been smaller independant stores and retro game fayres. There are 2 or 3 local to me and they have recently been revamped so they tend to be my first port of call.

Make sure you share these as you're not far from me. I may take a trip one weekend.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:18 PM, Macca89 said:

Try www.consolemad.co.uk

Website I passed to @GazzaGarratt

This is pretty decent too, whilst he won't be super cheap, it won't be overinflated too. Just depends on what they upload (was helpful for the wife to get me some Xmas presents last year!)

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@GazzaGarrattthe two stores i visit frequently are below. There are 1 or 2 more not too far as well but I have not been to them, will dig out store names and locations when I get a moment though

Vintage gamer -

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Old skool gaming -

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Luseth.png