I got my class of guns!

crippled_viper

So after been playing for about 12 hours or so. I struggled with the default classes for awhile. Then I had a DMR unlocked so I swapped it out on my Assault class with med kits. WOW! I have been doing so much better just from using the DMRs. I really like that class of guns.

What's yours? And how do you have it setup?

AR - m16 or ace23

Carbine - Aku-12, havent tried much else. maybe use the Ak5C occasionally

Shotguns - spas12 !

Snipers - only using the .338 at the moment.

these are my go to. supressors and tactical lights on all (except snipers and shotguns)

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

SAR-21! 7 service stars with it :-)

Have used alot of guns though. Like the Ace and acw carbine too.

Supressors ey? I feel the damage drop and velocity weakens it. At least on my connection. Thought I had a decent connection (25/5) but guess my ping is too high..

I'm basically trying everything out, fully intend to get service stars for every weapon

@Matt, DMR's don't get much love in this game, but I find them pretty good. They seem to improve with everyone you unlock as well. There is an unlock glitch though - the second last one takes 28,000 xp to unlock, which is a hell of  a lot. The last one then only takes 17,000 xp to unlock. Weird.

Nice job Matt. I have no idea how you get kills with those things. Any setup suggestions?

Well we know that first off is the plain iron sights. Some are bad and some have really good iron sights. I really like running:

RDS or Coyote sights

Heavy Barrel

Any of the foregrips

But if you don't have RDS or coyote sights then:

What ever scope you get unlocked ACOG

Canted iron sights which are really good and easy to see with

Heavy barrel

Any foregrips.

My play style is on Conquest, grabbing flags and defending them. So a mix of rushing but playing smart using cover along the way. I have been racking up high kills and high scores like this. Of course I have gems where I can't break 10 kills and the other team has out played us.

What do you think of bf4 matt? I know you were playing ghosts quite a bit, better? Worse?

I'm just waiting on new maps for Ghosts to come out. It's two different styles of games and I like them both. BF4 was difficult to figure out what was happening and it was difficult to see enemies. So I'm always pressing R2 in general areas to spot enemies. BF4 I had to slow down my play style from CoD. They both are equally good.

Going from cod to bf4 requires a massive adjustment in pace. I was literally running around like a headless chicken the whole time and getting killed. Spotting enemies does take a bit of getting used to, but it comes with practice. Hold back, assess what's going on and plan accordingly. Running in guns blazing will just end up getting you killed.

banlol.png

Glad you are liking it Matt. Wish you were on PS4. One day. I did pick up BO2 for the PS3 if you ever feel like playing it let me know and I'll hop on. I just can't play Ghosts