DMZ Tips Thread

Tove

A few Season 3 tips

It seems that when you enter building 21 you now get a free 3 plate, large backpack, self revive, fennec and also it doesn’t consume your keycard, I went in yesterday for a single match to see if it was consuming your keycard fully expecting to die as I used an operator with no gear. Then I spotted the extra items after I spawned in, mulled around a little took some bots out and made the first exfil!

If you have a secure backpack you can use this to bring out items to regear a different operator. Any items in your secure backpack are kept in your inventory for your next deployment. If you come out with a vest, backpack, self res, etc you can select a different operator and spawn in with this gear, then head into your inventory to equip them. 

DMZ Barter Recipes 

2 hours ago, Tove said:

A few Season 3 tips

It seems that when you enter building 21 you now get a free 3 plate, large backpack, self revive, fennec and also it doesn’t consume your keycard, I went in yesterday for a single match to see if it was consuming your keycard fully expecting to die as I used an operator with no gear. Then I spotted the extra items after I spawned in, mulled around a little took some bots out and made the first exfil!

If you have a secure backpack you can use this to bring out items to regear a different operator. Any items in your secure backpack are kept in your inventory for your next deployment. If you come out with a vest, backpack, self res, etc you can select a different operator and spawn in with this gear, then head into your inventory to equip them. 

DMZ Barter Recipes 

Which is why all this pay to win stuff does not bother me. It's pretty easy to get all all pimped out operator for free. People are putting their stuff in the scavenger backpack. And the scavenger backpack in the secure backpack (or large backpack if you want to extract an extra gun). 

The med backpack with 15 minute LMG cooldown seems of very little value

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

And the scavenger backpack in the secure backpack (or large backpack if you want to extract an extra gun). 

This won't work, when you equip the secure backpack anything not in the first 5 normal slots of your backpack is dropped to the floor and this includes your stowed weapon. If you have a stowed weapon you have to make a choice do you want to keep your secure backpack and upto 5 other items or do you want to keep the stowed weapon and lose everything else. 

I personally don't do it this way as it is a risk if you die with the large/scavenger packs equipped then you lose your items. I just cope with the 5 slots when I'm running the secure backpack. Just think back in Season 1 this would have saved me weeks and weeks of time spent looting for more poppy house keys. 

The Al Mazrah Weapons case has changed in Season 3, It now no longer spawns with the Juggernaut. It can now either spawn on the new train safe, or spawn with the new boss the Pyro. The Pyro will spawn at either the US embassy, Downtown Post Office or Airport Control Tower. 

17 hours ago, Tove said:

The Al Mazrah Weapons case has changed in Season 3, It now no longer spawns with the Juggernaut. It can now either spawn on the new train safe, or spawn with the new boss the Pyro. The Pyro will spawn at either the US embassy, Downtown Post Office or Airport Control Tower. 

Thanks @Tove. Is it the same reward? The Caution Tape from Season 1?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

38 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks @Tove. Is it the same reward? The Caution Tape from Season 1?

I believe so. We capture case at 10 times since the season began (always on the train). Never go any reward for doing so. There are 7 rewards in total. The last one being the Kronig skin

Yes @cyberninja2601 is right all 3 weapons cases still have the same rewards they launched with you can actually track them from the main menu in the challenges section, the chemist also still has the m13b hazardous. The bombmaker has now been given a crossbow which is different, and could be a nice way to unlock it if you didn’t get it in season 2.