DMZ Tips Thread

Tove

I thought it could be a nice idea to collect some DMZ tips in the same space. Please post your DMZ tips below!! 

I'll start. 

After dying when starting a fresh deployment never take your insured gun in with you. You have no gear so you have nothing to lose take a basic contraband gun if you have to but wait until you have at least a 2 plate vest to take your insured gun into the game.

14 hours ago, Tove said:

I thought it could be a nice idea to collect some DMZ tips in the same space. Please post your DMZ tips below!! 

I'll start. 

After dying when starting a fresh deployment never take your insured gun in with you. You have no gear so you have nothing to lose take a basic contraband gun if you have to but wait until you have at least a 2 plate vest to take your insured gun into the game.

If you died, haven't you lost your insured weapon for 2 hours? I always bring in the insured if I have it. Usually a sniper riffle as those are rare pick up items. I leave the other slots open. 

14 hours ago, Tove said:

It depends what your prior target objective is going in and how many runs you want to take in that session IMO. If I'm just experimenting or playing risky, I'll just go in with junk or even barebones especially if I intend to have another couple of cracks. That way you don't lose your weapon out of the gate and are then feeding on scraps for more major runs after or having to do dud runs just to accumulate gear. 

My tip is don't bother grinding too much close-season because it seems like they are doing the seasonal wipe format. 

4092237-wz2-s01-dmz-tactics-006%282%29.j
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

A seasonal wipe is coming to DMZ mode, and not everyone is happy about it.

Just grab persistent gear you can use elsewhere and then don't worry too much about grinding out everything else because it wont matter. 

My list

- Bring in a sniper riffle with thermal and silencer when ever you can. You will be able to see the enemy from far away and mark them for you and team. The can also spot enemy operators easily. The back pack is very noticable. You can count on picking up the RPK quickly or shotguns.

- Look at your team mates challenges. I often see they have the same as me, so then say hey guys we all need to air strike 10 guys. If they don't say great idea you know you are in for a shit match and likely to all die because you are stuck with dumb people. Just saying

- Get an easy contract immediately (radio actives are the best). Then think of you extraction strategy. You get extraction streaks in this game and if you build up 5 or more you can become pretty godly. Play the long game

- When using a vehicle to go extract. Have someone leave early at the other side of the extraction point you will use. Use your thermal or spoting scope to look for exfil campers. Having a UAV or recon drone is also helpful. If they are there, they probably do not have your best interest in mind and decide what you want to do

- If another team is extracting, friend them without saying anything. If they refuse just let them extract and get the next one only you are prepared to lose than fight, might win but you might lose. I tend to not be a dick because some kids new to the game might just be trying to get their 2 plate vest or extract with their stims

- Assume that the AIs are PC players with wall hacks and aimbots. Because that pretty much how effective they are right now. The can see you while inside a building a throw a grenade through the window at you. 

- Go to gas stations to fuel and fix you vehicles. Be prepared for the 6-8 AIs however that patrol the station

- use the radio towers and building to parachute around to "fast travel". Be prepared for operators camping the climb however. Don't all go up at the same time. See if you get shot at

- If your team mates fail to revive you don't leave. They can still revive you as long as your dog tag is still there. It just takes longer

- Be prepared for operator dog fights at Quarry, havid port, mall, airport. There are a number of missions that you have to do there. So there is a good likelyhood that other operators are trying to do them too. Try to friend them, if they don' respond immediately assume they are hostile

- Roll as a 6 operator team when ever you can. If you can find people who co-operate friend them in game and for future games. 

- I would get an an AR over a LMG when I can. You want to be able to reload quickly. As I said the other gun should be a sniper

- Remember there is another slot in the medium/large backpack to carry a 3rd weapon. Don't drop something good if you haven't used the slot

- Put some proximity mines in your vehicles if you can. If another team tries to steal them while you are doing something. Kaboom 🙂 if you drive around and into their vehicle Kaboom. Miraculously you will survive the kaboom and get a lot a kind comments and complements on your strategy 😉

- After I die I think to spend the next mission looking for better backpack and plate vests and self revives. If I get them I extract to get ready for real missions

- keep an eye on the timer. Once the gas starts you want to have your extraction strategy and be close to an extraction point. Don't mill around the gas because it will overcome you quickly and the chopper ain't coming for you

- you can rescue the hostage to extract. A chopper will come for you and its not an extraction point on the map. However the mission is not a gimmie and some of the rescues can be pretty hard. Shoot the guards through the windows before you breach the door if you can. Minimize the number of guards before entering. Find the hostage quickly before the explosive vest blows

- People will try to kill you at final extraction, kill them first

- If your team mates go into a restricted area with a single plate vest and not guns, go in a different direction. They are idiots and will get you killed. Unless you got nothing too and just want to go in for the ride

- If you got nothing and go in without a weapon. Best strategy is dead silence and throwing knife. Its a one it silent kill on the AI. Then pickup a gun and the other shit you are going to need

- If you get a chance, jump onto the train early. Lots of low risk great loot there. However it drives into dangerous AI areas so don't stay there too long

- Learn the extraction points you should avoid. The caves and observatory for example. Just too many armoured AI there. the likelyhood of getting out is low. Get a vehicle and drive to a safer spot instead

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

If you died, haven't you lost your insured weapon for 2 hours? I always bring in the insured if I have it. Usually a sniper riffle as those are rare pick up items. I leave the other slots open.

Only if you was running your insured weapon at the time, so maybe it’s your first game of the day, when I get wiped I always take in no weapons and run straight for the high risk high rewards areas such as the train, you can often get a 3/3 vest/backpack, then I’ll go for a gas mask and self revive, then go for the early extract to get my insured gun, or if my insured is on cool-down I’ll go do some basic missions, and dead drop some cash. 50k is around 1:40 so add in your game time and you are good to go next round. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'll just go in with junk or even barebones especially if I intend to have another couple of cracks. That way you don't lose your weapon out of the gate and

That’s my exact point!

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Just grab persistent gear you can use elsewhere and then don't worry too much about grinding out everything else because it wont matter. 

Yup my focus for the next couple of weeks is Black Mous tier 4 I want the relentless skin for Roze 

some fantastic tips @cyberninja2601

For the squad hunt contracts, you don't have to actually kill that squad personally. As long as they go down you get the credit

For the black mouse mission, you don't have to extract with the weapon from the squad hunt. As long as you extract with an enemy weapon you will get the credit for the mission

12 hours ago, Tove said:

Sam sites will shoot down the enemy commander helo, I guess its obvious but I hadn't really thought about it so think its worth a share. I discovered this by accident when going for the capture 5 supply drops mission. 

If interested, it takes 40 shots from the XMR sniper rifle to bring that helo down. We got pin down by it the other day and that what it took for to get rid of the dam thing. 

Got a tip for Capturing 3 SAM sites at the same time for the Air Supremacy mission, when capturing a SAM site you don't have to fully capture it but any progress which you make towards capturing it will remain. I just completed this mission solo, I 99'd 3 SAM sites then drove past all 3 and did the final activation of them. 

Also got a tip for completing the Pathfinder mission, if you fail to extract the GPS after you have made it around all POI's you don't need to drive the GPS around them all again you can just go and pickup the GPS from the dead drop and go straight for an extract. 

1 hour ago, Tove said:

Got a tip for Capturing 3 SAM sites at the same time for the Air Supremacy mission, when capturing a SAM site you don't have to fully capture it but any progress which you make towards capturing it will remain. I just completed this mission solo, I 99'd 3 SAM sites then drove past all 3 and did the final activation of them. 

Also got a tip for completing the Pathfinder mission, if you fail to extract the GPS after you have made it around all POI's you don't need to drive the GPS around them all again you can just go and pickup the GPS from the dead drop and go straight for an extract. 

Good to know. Hopefully no one tries to capture it after doing all the work. I was think the only was to have a squad member at 3 different sites and co-ordinate the capture. 

- There is a glitch for safes and weapons stash. If you all wait to open the safe/stash and open at the exact same time, everyone gets the total loot (so loot x3). So yesterday I was rolling with a co-operative squad. We waiting until everyone can see the open safe (x on xbox) counted to 3 and open simultaneously. We all got the stuff. It work 3 out of 3. 

- If you extract the hostage and dump his/her ass by the helo. You can go and do a some missions and come back to an helo waiting for you. You don't have to rely on the extract points. Someone might camp you or booby trap but it does work

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

If you extract the hostage and dump his/her ass by the helo. You can go and do a some missions and come back to an helo waiting for you. You don't have to rely on the extract points. Someone might camp you or booby trap but it does work

This is quite risky as both AI and other Operators can kill the hostage. I find if you want to hold the hostage mission you are better off taking the contract but not unlocking the building until you are ready for it. 

On 1/28/2023 at 12:46 PM, cyberninja2601 said:

- Roll as a 6 operator team when ever you can. If you can find people who co-operate friend them in game and for future games. 

Is there any way to get this to happen with all your friends, for instance? Do both teams of 3 press search at the same time so you can get in the same instance?

Great thread to start btw @Tove 👍

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is there any way to get this to happen with all your friends, for instance? Do both teams of 3 press search at the same time so you can get in the same instance?

Great thread to start btw @Tove 👍

I am not sure I understand your question but if a person tries to invite another operator the person from the squad the accepts it added to your squad. Other members need from the other squad to see the invite and accept as well. Otherwise they remain enemy operators

It think I read that you have to be within 50 meters for the invite to be seen. So if all members of the squad were to send an invite and you were spread out it would be viable to invite 3 people for 3 different squads I believe. Although unlikely

When I see I squad, I just send the invite which can be dangerous as they will know you are close by.  However I tell them to accept or I will snipe them. If they don't I snipe one and tell the remaining ones to accept and they can revive their buddy.  If they shoot back, no mercy.  I would say it works 90% of the time.  There is little advantage to killing an operator (except for some missions and a calling card). There is a huge advantage to squading up as 6 people to do any of the missions is a huge advantage. 

21 hours ago, Tove said:

This is quite risky as both AI and other Operators can kill the hostage. I find if you want to hold the hostage mission you are better off taking the contract but not unlocking the building until you are ready for it. 

Really. I didn't think they could once you are out of the building.  Your idea is pretty good too, however you have to allow for the time to clear and the risk of failure. My suggestion is to have an helicopter ready and waiting after you do what you got to do.  Got to try it a few more times to see

@cyberninja2601 ah what I meant was could you find a way to get more than 2 of your friends (not randoms) in the same game/match so you could somehow group up as a full 6 that are friends e.g. 6 FGers in a PlayStation chat and start the Search button at the same time, etc. Destiny had a similar thing where we tried to get 9 of us all on the same Patrol Zone on Mars so we could complete Escalation Protocol together, which was insanely fun for an hour or 2.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

47 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@cyberninja2601 ah what I meant was could you find a way to get more than 2 of your friends (not randoms) in the same game/match so you could somehow group up as a full 6 that are friends e.g. 6 FGers in a PlayStation chat and start the Search button at the same time, etc. Destiny had a similar thing where we tried to get 9 of us all on the same Patrol Zone on Mars so we could complete Escalation Protocol together, which was insanely fun for an hour or 2.

there is no way to guarantee it, you can try and cheese it by having two parties attempt to join a game at the same time, then once in the game someone types something into the match chat and see if you can see it, or compare the number in the lower left corner during loading this is a match session specific number. 

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Really. I didn't think they could once you are out of the building.  Your idea is pretty good too, however you have to allow for the time to clear and the risk of failure. My suggestion is to have an helicopter ready and waiting after you do what you got to do.  Got to try it a few more times to see

I had AI shoot my hostage in a match about a week ago, there was masses from all tiers outside of the building when I came out with the hostage. 

I know for sure if I found a random hostage and helo unattended I would certainly consider taking the hostage out.

23 minutes ago, Tove said:

I had AI shoot my hostage in a match about a week ago, there was masses from all tiers outside of the building when I came out with the hostage. 

I know for sure if I found a random hostage and helo unattended I would certainly consider taking the hostage out.

I would drop a few proximity mines, might drop them in the chopper. I know it isn't perfect but they have to find it first. I think if you kill the hostage, the contract fails and you would know about it.

I wonder if I could grab the hostage and extract with their contract.