Gran Turismo Sport Time trial
Posted
2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I thought that was slow but then remembered I forgot to BOP.

I got a 2.20.024 but can definitely improve on that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Haha yeah, it is amazing how much BoP slows some cars down.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is it BOP on or off again? I'll see if I can get some laps in tomorrow 👍

On 👍 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Posted
1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Greboth, can you pick a new one please? I'd like to get back into a few laps and something to aim for 🙂

It’s the daily race this week but why not have it for the TT as it’s the new track, so;

Car Class: Gr3

Track: Circuit de Spa Francochamps

@phil bottle Tagging you in case you want to set a time.

Posted

The more real tracks they add the better and Spa is a good track.  I love racing GT cars in other games at Spa.

Glad you’re enjoying the wheel though 🙂 Interesting that you say you’re more prone to error as most people (myself included) are more consistent with a wheel.  Though I guess that could be down to you still getting used to it over a controller.

You mean you only let your cat watch? That’s harsh, surely you could have let your cat have a go by now!

Gran Turismo - free update
Posted
11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I expect they're testing how it goes so far and working out how to do it on other tracks. I did a bit of a daily race last night instead just to try and get back into the swing of things on it. At least i worked out i need another new controller. Fucking triggers 😭

*cough* wheel *cough* 😉 

I do like the daily races, they’re generally clean and close racing.  As for the rain though, I found it a bit odd.  Obviously I have no real experience of race cars in the wet but they didn’t seem as slippery as I expected.

Project Cars 2
Posted

Tbh most games aren’t all that much trouble to set up on wheels.  I don’t think PC2 would be either as it should be a case of just installing the new ffb file.

I am tempted to get it as the career mode is supposed to be one of the best.  But I also really want to try out some of the Assetto Corsa mods and leagues.  Why is there never enough time for all the games 😢

Project Cars 2
Posted

Did you get it on pc or ps4?

I’ve been looking at it for the PS4 to bring in October.  However the wheel force feedback isn’t that great by all accounts.  It isn’t any better by default on PC but there is a ffb mod for it that makes it a lot better.  So I’m torn between PS4 or PC.....or just settling for the other 8 racing games I already have 🤪

Posted

My times depends on car and track but I think I have someway to go to be on their level.  I watch some of Super GT’s videos and I struggle to see what he does differently to me yet he is a second or 2 faster than I am.  Currently I’m upper B and I’m trying to get in to A but I think S may be an impossibility.

Plat is an impossibility too I think, I’ve had (I think) 5 race wins in 100-110 races.  They were all as I climbed the ranks too so where I was racing slower people but since I’ve plateaued a little I can’t buy a win 😞 

Still I’ve been getting more into racing again recently so maybe there is a little more speed to come.

Edit: BTW, are you coming in October? I thought you were but couldn’t see your name on the list. Only ask as I’m planning to take my wheel so you could see if you could improve your times.

Posted
7 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I was on about the official GT sport races. Thought you might be able to all see the time when it starts and all enter it at the same time.

Ahhhhh no, you’re put in to a random lobby depending on your DR (Driver Rating) and SR (Sportsmanship Rating). If we were all the same DR and SR then maybe.  Though the chance of that happening depends on how many lobbies are created for each race which I don’t know.

Posted

Wheel! Wheel! Wheel! Wheel! Wheel! Wheel! Wheel! 

Errrrr I mean the decision is yours.

To be fair, braking on most wheels is a little odd as they use a spring for resistance rather than pressure.  You can get load cell pedals but then you’re getting in to silly money.

F1 2019
Posted

I can understand that @GazzaGarratt I decided against doing the full sessions.  Still going for half distance though so a decent number of laps to race.

The frames look good and I’d love one but I don’t have the room for one.  Still most wheels allow you to clamp them down to a desk which is what I do.  It isn’t perfect and I can’t place the pedals quite where I’d like.  However a wheel does add so much to racing games and it is easier to drive more consistently.  If you’re interested in racing games then I’d recommend a wheel to anyone.

I think the only difference between console and pc is graphical.  I haven’t really looked at the console as I wasn’t really paying much attention to the game but it does look lovely on pc.

F1 2019
Posted

It really does add to the game and a wheel is far better than a controller but they aren't cheap and they do take up quite a bit of space especially compared to a normal controller.

So a little more practice tonight, decided to go full on practice no driving aids whatsoever.  I managed to get my Melbourne time down to a 1:28. something.  I looked at the real qualifying times - 1:20! Hmmmmm I might have someway to go yet.  I was looking at the career too, launching a pro career turns the ai up to 110!!!! I can't even keep up at 80 😢

F1 2019
Posted

I assume the video you saw was Super GT’s?  You do and you don’t have to be, coming in to heavy braking zones with all the downforce, you can stamp on the brakes no problem.  It is as the downforce comes off and you turn in that you really need to be careful with the brakes.

While just trying to learn Albert Park, I left TC and ABS on.  Though I want to do a proper season so I’m going to try with no aids at all.

A wheel you say, do it 😉 you know you want to, give in to your temptation 😉 

Posted

At least you didn’t talk about being sucked 🤣

Which track was that? The last I did was Mount Panorama which I love but I think that was a week or 2 ago now.

You mean trying to win a race isn’t challenging enough? lol.  I keep finding I qualify mid pack so think if I qualify a little better then I’ll have a chance to win.  So set a better qualifying time and then somehow start further down the grid.

I will have to try without abs at some point as to do the f1 career properly you can’t use abs.

F1 2019
Posted

So I haven’t read anything really about this game and I don’t think we have a thread on it already.  However as I got given it (on PC) for my birthday I thought I’d check it out.

I feel I need to prefix this with I haven’t played an F1 game since first or second codemasters ones (2010,2011?) So I can’t do any comparisons to what is better or worse than last year or really what content has been added.

First impressions are good though.  It took some setting up on my wheel to get the wheel rotation to match and ffb and vibration to where it felt comfortable.  Which does lead me to my first complaint - there aren’t many ffb and vibration options.  You get vibrations when travelling at high speeds which is accurate I guess but the wheel clicking and banging is annoying.  But the only way I could find to tone this down was tone down all vibrations so now I don’t much vibration even running over kerbs.  Sometimes these things can be sorted out by manually editing the ffb files though so I might be able to work around this but more time and investigation is required.  Outside that though the ffb feels nice and the option to boost the feel of understeer is a useful option to know when you’re pushing too much.

On to races, I only did two 5 lap races so not much but first impressions are good.  The game looks really good and even on mostly high settings I was easily maintaining 60fps.  The ai are damn quick, I had the slider set to 80 (out of 100) and could barely keep up.  I’m sure I’ll get quicker with more practice and as I get more comfortable with the game but I honestly don’t ever see me having the ai at 100/100.  The ai drive as you would expect racing drivers to, they will block and defend corners if you’re close to them.  They’ll try to take the inside to overtake but will also try the outside if you defend.

Tyre wear is in the game as far as I know but I didn’t do long enough races to test this so will have to update once I have.

I have to say though it is hard work racing the cars.  Managing fuel levels, fuel usage, ers usage etc. while trying to drive takes so much effort.  I regularly ended up sticking it in the wall trying to change a setting.  I’m sure it will get easier though with more time.

I think I will try a few more quick races but then will hoping in to the full career mode as that looks to be fun.

Posted

The nether region? I believe you mean the shadow realm 😛 

Nice one Phil, I’ve always found driving without ABS too much of a pain so kudos to you learning to race without it.

Interlagos is a good track though one I’m not even close to being fast at.  I assume you’re doing the daily races? How is your dr and sr coming along? 

Posted

I do enjoy the daily races, they can offer some good competition.  Though some tracks I really don’t know well enough to be competitive.  I think I’ll have to accept that I am stuck in DR B, I can climb to high B but never make it in to A nevermind getting in to A+ or S :( 

@GazzaGarratt Yes they scale.  What lobby you end up in is determined by your DR - Driver rating and SR - Sportsmanship Rating.  Your DR is based on how fast you are and where you finish races.  Your SR is based on how clean you are.  You will generally get matched with people with similar DR and SR as you.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy