17 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I used to love Search and Destroy on every previous CoD 

I still like it but playing it on this COD or MW2019 was just frustrating due to the super loud footsteps and no Ninja or Dead Silence perk. In most game modes the footstep audio isn't an issue with people running around and loads of noise constantly, but in S&D it's a lot slower paced so sound whoring footsteps is a lot easier.

fart.gif

Skins sale for some not others
Posted
On 5/18/2023 at 9:55 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

I think it's brilliant business from Activision. I said back in December that come the halfway point in the games cycle, they will start implementing light pay2win elements in DMZ even with the mode being in beta and that by Spring, there will be aggressive and predatory pay2win bait bundles in play to milk the remaining audience with carefully curated pricing to maximise their income. A couple of people told me I was full of absolute shit and that Activision wouldn't ever dream of doing things like this but here you go. In March they even charged £25 for a bundle which could not be purchased with COD points that was recycled free content from MW2019. 

Their aim is to convert as much real world money into store credit aka COD points and to do this, they offer 'perks' aka discounts to people with a low ATV spend or a lesser established purchase history. Loyal customers don't receive such perks because Activision does not reward such things - discounts mean less money from willing paying customers which could also psychologically reduce their impulse purchase potential with future day one bundles if they believe they may get pampered reductions. 

None of this is new and that's why I was a bit taken aback in that other thread of users denying Activision's antics when there was literally 5+ years of this industry behaviour with irrefutable evidence of methods and implementation. Activision are in business to make as much money as possible and if they have to shit on the few remaining customers they have to extrapolate as much money as possible, they will at any non-monetary cost. It will be all gone and forgotten come the next game and that's why they don't care.  

Spot on. Activision do not give a single shit if you've been playing COD for 15 years. Well, they care in so much as you've been giving them money every year for the past 15 years. But they don't care if you're a "loyal COD player". That means fuck all to them. All they want is money. If they piss of their player base so people stop playing but STILL make shit loads of money then they've achieved their goal.

fart.gif

I'm still disappointed that this is going to be a whole new game rather than the expansion to MW2 that it was originally rumoured to be.

I also fully expect this to be an unfinished mess. No beta* until October. The reveal is supposedly not coming until August.

💩

*playable demo.

fart.gif

The state of Cod
Posted

I stopped watching 8 Thoughts years ago. I just find him annoying and he's been hating COD for a long time. Same with Thunder (who used to be my favourite COD YTer).

COD isn't dead. It still makes a ridiculous amount of money. It's still the best selling game every year (apart from when Rockstar release something).

I actually don't mind MW2. Sure it's got it's issues and IW made some stupid design decisions. But it's better than the last few efforts.

fart.gif

COD 2023
Posted
7 hours ago, techno said:

So with all that's been said is anyone hyped about cod 2023? 😉

I'm excited to see just what an absolute disaster it's going to be at launch.

fart.gif

COD 2023
Posted
16 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

That's 21 maps which I believe is inline with other cods.  And it more that the 14 by you calculations. If you chose no the play the modes that offer the other 7 that's your business. However that's not  a shortcoming of the development. It's a matter that you don't play certain modes

It is a shortcoming though. A lot of people, myself included, only play 6v6. And the fact that they've lost a load of players just shows that they really should be making sure they support the 6v6 community.

fart.gif

COD 2023
Posted
15 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

For all we know that's what they are going to do with a follow-up campaign or something. Maybe a change of the Perk system which a lot a lot of people are complaining about anyways

When you look at MP its basically all the same.  TDM, KC, DOM, HP, Free for all. Then a number of other ones but those 5 are the foundation. So what would a "new" title really give you

The gave us WW2 and people complained

They gave us futuristic and people complained 

They gave us "cold war". As far as I know people liked that. 

They gave us MW and that seemed to be the best received over all

Would do you expect would make people happy

The main problem people have for MW2 is the lack of maps for 6v6. It only had 10 at launch and has only received 4 since then and the game has been out 5 months. We haven't had a single new map since the game launched.

FYI I never complained about the futuristic COD games. I think AW and BO3 were excellent. I'd even say BO3 is my favourite COD ever.

fart.gif

COD 2023
Posted
10 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

We're basically gonna be paying full price for an expansion dressed up as a full game. If MW2 performed well then it would've been an expansion but as it's not doing so hot, they have to brand it a full game because they know it would be a hard sell otherwise. I don't think people are going to swallow it though and it all looks a bit desperate. On the plus side we may get some original content but certainly not worth paying a premium for, especially if it's produced rushed and in an inferior way. 

They should've just taken the hit and skipped this year. It's their own fault really and all these bad decisions will just end up impacting future mainline games on top.  

There were rumours originally of just a straight up Map Pack for MW2 that contained all of the maps from the original MW2. I'd have quite happily paid for that. What they're doing now just sounds, like you said, desperate. If Activision would actually support 6v6 properly then they might not see the drop-off in players like they're currently getting.

fart.gif

COD 2023
Posted

Sledgehammer current and former employees are apparently worried this could be another Vanguard disaster as they've only had 2 years to make the game and it wasn't originally supposed to be a full title 🤷‍♂️ 

I think this could have done well as an expansion but if it turns out to be a disaster then it will actually be worse for Activision financially than if they'd stuck with their original plan 🤦‍♂️ Although it'd be a good thing if it massively fails and they have to completely rethink their current COD strategy.

Great video here by Nero on the whole fiasco.

fart.gif

Season 2 Delayed
Posted
5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@J4MES OX4D, surely Rodney out of Only Fools and Horses has got to be happy about some things in life surely?! 🤣🤣 Biron is a Leeds fan so there is no hope for him already 😅🤣

At least we're in the Premier League 😉

fart.gif

Season 2 Delayed
Posted

So we're getting an ACTUAL NEW MAP? Thanks Activision for providing us with the bare minimum content for the "most supported game in COD history" (or whatever bollocks they said this game would be) 🙄

fart.gif

COD 2023
Posted
23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

There is literally nothing majorly wrong with MW2 apart from the support so abandoning it for a knee-jerk sequel will definitely not sit well with the community. 

I agree. The problem is that everything Activision do is done to keep shareholders happy. A drop in players for MW2 will mean a drop in income. So rather than trying to get those players back they will have just looked at what makes them the most money, and that's when they release a new game.

fart.gif

COD 2023
Posted
On 2/10/2023 at 6:49 PM, Tove said:

Wasn’t MW2 having a two year cycle just leaks and rumours anyway?

Only according to leaks. 

Looks like they've scrapped that idea as the player base for MW2 has dropped off a cliff. I wonder if it's anything to do with them not supporting the game properly after launch? 🙄

fart.gif

COD 2023
Posted

Sledgehammer make decent campaigns so I'll be looking forward to that. I definitely won't be rushing to buy this game as until I see how they treat 6v6 this time around.

fart.gif

Season 2 Delayed
Posted
1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I agree @IRaMPaGe, I definitely think they are holding some maps back. I think its like what I said on previous threads that developers break the game up now to deliver over time so it feels like fresh (not always new) content is delivered because its nearly impossible to meet what gamers want on the regular fresh content drops.

It's not nearly impossible. All regular 6v6 players want is 3/4 maps every new season. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. Even if it was 2 new and remastered then I'm sure people would be fine with that.

This season is just a poor effort. 1 remaster and one that was removed from the game to start with. That's just not good enough when the game launched with few 6v6 maps in the first place.

fart.gif

Season 2 Delayed
Posted

So we get ANOTHER old re-skinned map and then a map that was removed from the game after the beta that was supposed to be in the game at launch? And that's it for 6v6 maps? What an utterly piss poor offering that is. I'd rather they just brought back the map packs from before. At least we got a decent amount of months every few months.

fart.gif

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy