Road to Vostock
Posted
On 4/8/2024 at 8:35 PM, phil bottle said:

Could have sworn there was already a thread on this but apparently not...

Me too as you've told me about this before! Looks decent. As you say, one man band so be interesting how its supported over time when you find a killer bug.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 4/13/2024 at 11:00 PM, phil bottle said:

Considered making a new thread for this but makes sense to update this one.

Gameplay video with very little gameplay is very contemporary marketing 🙃

Loads of gameplay there! 🤣 It does look good, cutscene wise...😅

Diablo 4
Posted
On 3/28/2024 at 2:33 PM, phil bottle said:

Hits GamePass today I just found out, now to decide whether PC or Xbox : )

Spelt PS5 wrong 😄 In all seriousness, I enjoyed the gameplay but I think it never grips me too much based on the intensity for a top down shooter is far different to FPS. I would love to go back and finish the story though. Maybe crossplay is worth a shout if its a thing.

Ghosts of Tsushima to PC
Posted
On 3/6/2024 at 6:12 PM, phil bottle said:

That's cool, hope they embrace PC a lot more like this.

However, I've completed Ghosts already and - as good a game as it is - I've no desire to buy it again 🙂

New DLC soon perhaps? Or just another way to get a little more revenue?

Rise of the Ronin
Posted
18 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

GoT was a great game, you should really try it!

I have played a small part of the start - but more of the multiplayer when I tried a few missions out with Tom. I'd love to find time to go back to some single player action as I was a fan of how varied it felt when taking on the enemies.

Loads of people have been dying for more Elden Ring content - I know the Americans @Jason and @BO7H B4RRELS have been waiting forever for it, so its nice to finally see the rumours 100% confirmed. My son is stoked for it, he doesn't get too loud about hype but has already said its worth pre-ordering it. Looked really good, as you would expect from FromSoftware. Anyone else keen?

Expected over the last few days and now official. I'm super happy about it, it will bring lots of players into the game, including myself straight back to the game. Absolutely loved my time on this and accessibility just being on my console of choice will do wonders. The game is in a fantastic state, its crazy to think when it first came out we played it on PC and the game felt barebones a little - now its definitely got the right level of content to just enjoy and sail the seas trying to solve loads of quests and capture some booty!

Anyone else want to bookmark this and jump on the seas with FG? I'll be there for sure and we definitely will need help explaining where all the quests are and how to start them off!

On 1/28/2024 at 2:09 PM, Riff Machine said:

I finished this one up the other day.  It was a decent run, but I encountered a side quest bug that prevented me from getting all the achievements.  They claim it's been patched, but that's only for people who start a new game post-patch.  Wtf?  We can't just fix the fucking issue period?  Oh well.

I likely won't be playing through this one again.  As with the typical Ubisoft games, they have way too much bloat with collectibles, lore items, and such.  Plus, with the aforementioned side quest bug, I was turned off from playing the game period.  I'm a completionist for Metroidvanias, and when I couldn't finish the quest, I wanted to just shut it down, delete it, and start something else.  It also didn't help that the story didn't hook me in, or was interesting enough to keep me invested.  If the combat had been dogshit, this would've been an easy "Don't recommend."

A lot of what I said in my previous post stands too, so I'll recommend you fine folks wait either for a sale, or when this game inevitably drops on either ubisoft+, game pass, or becomes a PS plus extra game.  There's no real replay value IMO, and with the story being "meh", puts this in a bargain bin.

Cheers Chad, sounds like one to wait until it gets to £20. Maybe £25. Its not much more but theres enough on other games to keep me going until that sale inevitably happens. I'll still look forward to it though given your reviews on gameplay.

20 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

So would have to link psn and discord I guess

You should use it mate. Its really so easy as we've used the FG Game Room discord chat within seconds onto the PS5 and its just as, if not clearer than PS5 party chats.

19 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I'm glad to see some of you are having fun with it.  I'm interested, but I just can't warrant dropping that much money on another live service game.  I wish gamepass and ubisoft+ were linked.  

I'm here atm. I'm just trying to work out if I can do that because I have a feeling it will drop a little soon too. If Helldivers and Sony can't sort the max capacity servers out in the short term then this could push me into this sooner.

Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered
Posted

Its definitely looking like they've done the right thing of leaving it as it is with just upscaled graphics in parts. Surely the D-Pad is the best way to play the game still given the fact that most ledges to jump up and puzzles require you to be more on the correct right angle?

On 1/17/2024 at 8:33 PM, phil bottle said:

If they make it crossplay between Microsoft and Sony that would be interesting, don't know, maybe we could have more than one ship on a map...if that's possible...

They made 'crews' now which I think is 4-6 people and then you can ally with other ships i'm sure so you can all travel the seas together as one big group so I think its all doable now with planning 👍

On 1/16/2024 at 2:56 PM, Luseth said:

And if it does come to PS, would it interest anyone here to pick it up?

Yes. Yes. And YES.

I already own it on PC via Microsoft but it would be the perfect game to open up to PlayStation from a developer point of view. You can literally have just chill game sessions on it and it can take all night to do a simple step depending on how you play. Open to a whole lot of fun and different ways to play in this Live Service game.

GTA 6 - Trailer 1
Posted

I think we all agree on that then @techno and @Middle Class Caveman, but we're only a few people that play a specific part online whereas they'll be many people out there that would say scrap the campaign and just have GTA Online part, given how huge it is.

I would love to see some or all of the campaign drift into the Online side. We have heists, which work extremely well. I can't see why they can't do exclusive private Online sessions for the campaign missions they want to lock down for you when they don't want you to have help on it.

GTA 6 - Trailer 1
Posted

I kind of get what you mean @Middle Class Caveman, the open world is incredible large, and in fairness, requested by public demand. I think that works fantastically well for GTA Online. Campaign wise I kind of got bored after a few missions and wanted to go off-piste with mates. The Heists they created in GTA5 were class and hope more of that formula will exist moving forward. Lets hope Online mode will be released at launch and not just the campaign in Q1 2025.

Super Mario RPG Remake
Posted
On 12/21/2023 at 2:43 AM, Riff Machine said:

I finished this the other week.  Hot damn, that was fun to play through again.  Even the secret boss from the original is in there, and exactly the same.  Once you've finished the game, you can access, and challenge more powerful bosses that you've fought previously, and they are tough.  It all culminates with another fight against Culex, but an updated, polygon, 3d version that is tougher than the previous versions.  It's a damn good fight.

If you haven't checked it out, please do.  This is a perfect remake of an SNES classic.

Reading that makes me want it. How big was the world and game, mate? I'll add it to my wishlist for 2024.

Starfield
Posted
On 12/21/2023 at 6:53 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

They should probably just move on

Maybe. But Devs have poured years of work into it and they'll be a contract to keep putting more into it. I think they should and see it where it takes them.

There's a market for single player games - thats clear on how well some of the games in that space we have had over the past 18 months. However, a game with the open world scale this has, just feels off putting they didn't focus on somehow enjoying this with your friends. Open world discovery games is where so many people want to experience those moments with other people, not in their own single player contained game. Just my 2p on seeing how the hype has gone quiet very quickly on this.

Lies of P
Posted

Well done for completing it @WelchyTV 😄. My son still hasn't started it, not sure why as he seemed to get into Lords of the Fallen more first and now hes moved on to his PSVR again for abit. I'm sure once he starts it, as he enjous these games, he'll probably say its up there. I think most people still see Bloodborne up there as the one to challenge this title score wise...its making me thing 2024 I should go back and try and finish a souls like game like that!

Super Mario RPG Remake
Posted

A mate of mine at work is getting it. I want it, purely for the turn based action. Oh how I've missed that.

Looking at the trailer I do wonder how large it is. For it to have minigames and rematch bosses, it does feel like its more just trying out the experience with their characters more than any type of story.

Lies of P
Posted
On 10/19/2023 at 11:36 PM, NCA-Paendrag said:

Its getting better, but it has some annoying elements. Enemies throwing elemental cannisters at you that knocks you off ledges, some enemies almost impossible to dodge. 

A coworker says its one of the best games he has played. Right now, Bloodborne is better but there is some cool features here, you can build weapons to suit your style, as in mixing different weapons together.  He will probably like it.

Think it got 87 or 89 on Metacritics.

As for Lords of the Fallen, another guy I work with likes it very much. Cant compare it to the first one.

Thanks Brede. I think I'm going to get this for Dax's birthday in November based on that. Cheers!

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy