Warframe - Tips and Help

L_C_Scipio

Anybody play it?
It's a free to play co-op shooter on PC and PS4 (I think I read it's coming to XB1 later). You play as a space ninja, complete with sword, and tackle various missions in a sci-fi setting. I'm only a few missions in but it's good fun, a nice change of pace from competitive MP. You can play solo but it's pretty tough.

Anybody play it?

It's a free to play co-op shooter on PC and PS4 (I think I read it's coming to XB1 later). You play as a space ninja, complete with sword, and tackle various missions in a sci-fi setting. I'm only a few missions in but it's good fun, a nice change of pace from competitive MP. You can play solo but it's pretty tough.

Played the beta on my laptop . Pretty awesome glad its going to ps4 . It was so colourful

Hey does anyone play this on ps4?

I like playing it in game, run round, jump on walls, shoot aliens... Then the menus and items I just have no idea what's going on... I'm collecting all this stuff and I don't even know what it's for, I have the same weapons that I started with.

Nothing seems to unlock with the currency I earn by doing missions. Every weapon in the catalogue is "Xp locked" or brought with the currency I have no idea how to obtain...

Apart from that I think it's a good game

blackops2sig.jpg

I play it. You're right, they don't do a very good job explaining things. Here's a guide I found useful for getting started: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80851-updated-98guide-getting-started/

There are a couple weapons you can buy with credits, but most have to be crafted. You buy or find blueprints, then build stuff with resources you find in the levels. You can also buy stuff with Platinum, which you can only get by buying it with real money.

XP Locked means you don't have a high enough mastery level to get that item. You get mastery points by leveling warframes and weapons; after you get a certain amount, you can take a mastery test to gain a level. You should be able to see your progress on that in your profile.

In the Armory, you can press Triangle when you have a weapon selected to apply mods to it. You've been finding mods in levels. They do things like increase damage or magazine size, or give your frame new abilities. Mods have different point values based on how powerful they are; you can add one points worth of mods for every level your gear has (i.e. a level 10 rifle can have 10 points worth of mods).

Hit me up with other questions. I'm no expert but I've been playing the game and searching the wiki a lot :)

Well explained... That bit about the mods on weapons, it took me over 10 hours of play to work that out...

I have just crafted a blueprint I had for a sword it won't be made for 12 hours, I don't even know if it's better than the standard issue sword, I'm just assuming anything is better than the standard issue stuff.

Got more of a hang On my way! the game tonight, I worked out that the touch pad uses my abilities, which are very useful...

Is there anything low level ish that you recommend I should buy?

blackops2sig.jpg

I'm still using the default rifle, but the article I linked says the Braton is better and you can buy it for 25k credits. I was using the Lex handgun (think .44 Magnum, very high power but low fire rate) until the Dex Furis came out as the anniversary gift a day or so ago. Those things are fantastic at close quarters, while the Lex is good for long range.

There are a couple of other important but unexplained points about mods.

1. Polarity: every mod has a symbol in the upper right corner, which is that mod's polarity. Some weapons and frames have mod slots with polarity symbols as well. If you install a mod into a slot with the same polarity, it only costs half as much to use that mod. For example, I know that Excalibur has polarity slots that correspond to its abilities (Slash Dash, Radial Blind, Super Jump, and Radial Javelin).

2. Upgrading mods, called Fusion. In the Armory, there's a section called Mods. In Mods, it shows all the mods you have, and there's an option called Fusion which lets you combine mods to make them more powerful. You can combine duplicates, or you can fuse mods with Fusion Cores, which are special mods just for that purpose. You've probably got a mod called Vitality, which adds 40% health to your frame. I had a bunchload of them, so I fused them and now it adds 160% health. The downside is that it also costs more points to install, so just keep in mind that if you start using a new frame or weapon you'll still want low level mods available to put on it.

Not sure as never played mass effect...

Missions include, (all loosely tied to some sort of story. Very loosely)

Tower defence type mission with waves and after a certain amount you can vote to carry on or leave with prizes, or carry on to gain better higher prizes and cash.

Domination type games 4 locations vs alot of bot enemies

Stealth missions

General, kill bots and make it to the extraction point

Rescue important hostages

Kill/capture important targets, who once found will just run away really fast, you must capture them before they reach their extraction point

Then there's bosses at the end of each planets set of missions

I really recommend it to anyone looking for a new game, it is somewhat repetitive mission wise on occasion, but it has a lot of unlocks less and replay value...

blackops2sig.jpg

I still have Loki my starting character ATM, say I was to build another is everything lv 1?

Character and weapons? Or can a new character use the weapons I already levelled up?

Yes, a new character would start at level 1. I'm still on my starting frame (Excalibur) but as far as I know you can use whatever weapons you want, whatever level they're at. The only way a weapon's rank would reset is if you sold it and built a new one, or if you used an item called a Forma on it (which resets its level but adds a new polarity slot).

Jason, I think you'd like this game. Like Jonny said there are a number of mission types but like ME3, it's all PvE. You need to get yourself a PS4 so you can play with us :)

Is there anything low level ish that you recommend I should buy?

Having bought the Braton rifle last night (25k credits in the market) I highly recommend it. The MK1 is fine for a while but after you get past Earth it's just too weak. A lvl 1 Braton with no mods was taking guys down way better than the MK1 with a number of damage mods on it.

I brought that when you posted that getting started thread... I agree it's waaaaaay better, only reason I didn't buy before is because I thought it was the same gun as it looks exactly he same...

blackops2sig.jpg

This game is getting hard now... Not sure if it's because I'm getting higher level, or because I keep getting matched with higher ranked players who have the best gear. I won't buy any platinum because it would just take so much away from the game, but damn I want Rhino gear...

Every time I get into a game with a player wearing rhino they basically just run to the end checkpoint destroying everything in their way, while we pick up any stragglers...

blackops2sig.jpg

Do you have a sentinel Scorpio?

Not yet, now that I've got Rhino that's my next goal. Right now I'm farming the 100k credits for the blueprint. After that I think I either have or can easily acquire all the resources I need to build it. I think I'm going to make a Shade; it can cloak you when enemies are nearby.

I thought about buying one with some of my starting Plat but felt like that would be cheating :) not that I would judge anyone who did, it's just that I enjoy the grind for materials and the satisfaction that comes from crafting it.

Damn I just wasted a whole lot of currency...

I decided I didn't want rhino, because so many people have it, I choose Nekros. Brought the blueprint for 100k thinking it would give me the helmet, chassis and systems blueprint... Apparently that's not the case... I needed to find those and build them first before buying Nekros blueprint...

How do you find certain blueprints or is it just random? Looks like I'm sticking with Loki for a loooooooong time...

blackops2sig.jpg

Component blueprints usually drop from bosses. Rhino's drop from the boss of Venus, Oberon's from the Earth boss, etc. Every time you complete the mission you get a random one; it took me five tries to get all three for Rhino, and thirteen tries to get everything for Oberon.

I looked it up and it seems Nekros BPs drop from Orokin Derelict Assassination missions. To reach the Derelict you have to build keys, using the Nav Coordinates you've no doubt been finding, among other things. You'll likely need to recruit help for those missions (Derelict missions require you to invite people if you want help). I'd say it's doable, but you're right in that it could take a while.

Is it a bit like Mass Effect multiplayer with waves and missions and such?

I've tried it on the first 4 missions 

It has some similarities. The Warframes have 4 powers that you can use. They don't quite seem to scale like ME3 does. I haven't gotten very far with the my Frame yet.

Instead of waves you have missions to do. I think there is something the 250 of them and the unlock as you increase your level. The maps for a mission are pretty huge. The missions so far are pretty easy. Finding the objective and your way around seems to be the hardest part

I'm finding things pretty confusing, There is little to no explanation for this game. The game was a port from the PC so some of the controls are a bit confusing.

I haven't gotten to the crafting of upgrade yet. 

It's actually not bad. Like I said a little too easy at the moment but that is OK, I am sure it gets harder. It's actually pretty good quality once in  a lobby. 

I don't believe you have a PS4. It's available PS4 or PC. 

Cyber

This game is getting hard now... Not sure if it's because I'm getting higher level, or because I keep getting matched with higher ranked players who have the best gear. I won't buy any platinum because it would just take so much away from the game, but damn I want Rhino gear...

Every time I get into a game with a player wearing rhino they basically just run to the end checkpoint destroying everything in their way, while we pick up any stragglers...

A lot of people have the Rhino because you can purchase it in a bundle with platinum. It is essentially pay to win.

The PSN+ people do get a free starter pack if you were not aware. It's 50000 credits and some platinum.

I'm still on the first planet and killed the first boss. I am using MAG

Finding the objectives on the map still seems to be the hardest part. Just have to remember to use the blade and open up some paths to get where I have to go.